Doha Airport

I’ll be flying to central Asia in a couple of months. Have 6-8 hour layovers at the Doha Airport. Any tips or will I just try to sleep on the airport benches.

No specific advice as I have not been but airports in the Middle East often have an airside hotel, or sleeping pods. Also paid lounges can be decent value.

It’s also pretty small. The museum of Islamic art is meant to be quite something.

If you happen to be flying Qatar and in the appropriate class, the Al Safwa lounge is supposed to be fantastic.

They built a new airport a couple of years ago. Looks just like an identikit us airport now. Real shame as the separate business class terminal for Qatar airlines customers in the old airport was the nicest airport terminal anywhere in the world. However, as already noted above, if you’re in business then the lounges are nice.

Hi Eric,
I flew through Doha in 2011 when it was still using the old airport. I paid for access to the Oryx lounge and I was glad I did as the old airport was pretty crowded and unpleasant. Not that it was fantastic but it was more peaceful and I would have been in transit for 14 or so hours at that stage so somewhere peaceful and uncrowded had a lot of appeal.
It seems that the new airport t is still has the Oryx lounge there although it doesn’t look like it has showers and the prices are a bit steeper.

Thanks all for the input. I once spent 8 hours in the old Istanbul domestic terminal and it was not nice.
I won’t be able to visit the Museum of Islamic Art, but it is on my bucket list.