411 on Alaskan First Class

Anyone know if a cross-county domestic flight has reasonable amenities to make the expense worthwhile? This would be E to W, so almost 6 hours in the air.

TIA.

I think the bigger seat and more leg room would be the primary benefit for you as it would be for moi.

Here’s a link to the Alaska forum on Flyertalk. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/

Just flew to Boston and back with Alaska from Portland.

The flight there wasn’t bad, less than 6 hours. But the return flight was brutal at just about 7. I was in economy and didn’t love the return flight, the last hour was excruciating for my knees.

And if you’re looking at Boston, Alaska’s gates at Logan are really the absolute worst.

Alaska certainly has bigger seats and more room in first class than in economy. As with most domestic carriers, the service aspect is marginally better than economy. A notable exception is JetBlue’s Mint class. Routes are limited, but reviews with respect to both seat comfort and amenities have been stellar.

+1.

Which airport are you leaving from? That kinda determines your choices

This trip is PDX to DC, National Airport. Business must-make journey. Coach going and First coming home is what I paid for.

I’ve never flown Alaska but my experience flying domestic Business/First on American is that it’s pretty much equivalent to most overseas premium economy seats in case that helps.

It’s not worth the money if u pay out of pocket. It is worth a gold guest coupon if u can buy one :slight_smile:

I think Alaska has no seatback IFE in first (or economy), right? I think they just give you ipads?
Looking at a trip for next month, United charges so much for the economy plus upgrade that it’s cheaper to just book alaska first using miles for a few seats and Chase sapphire reserve 1.5x points for the third.

The last couple of times I have flown it has literally taken forty minutes after take off to get a drink.
Pretty poor.