Best way to get from Beaune to tour around Vosne Romanee

Hi,

We are heading to Beaune next week and really want to visit the famous vineyards in Vosne Romanee. We would like to just walk around and take some nice pictures, it’s been something that has been on our checklist for a while now. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions on what is the best way to commute from Beaune to Vosne Romanee? Should I rent a car? Biking seems a bit far and cold for November? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

It’s possible by public transportation but the schedules are pretty thin. The easy way is certainly to have a car.

If you have good weather and want to take a bike ride, there’s a rental place just off the ring road in Beaune and there’s a nice cycle route through the Cote de Beaune. It goes through the heart of the Chardonnay Grand Crus.

Rent a car. Very easy to get around and the roads are beautiful and sparsely traveled.

Get picked up hitchhiking by a gorgeous woman with an easy laugh and low standards.

Well, you did ask for the best way.

Car. All you then have to do is follow 974 from Beaune to Vosne Romanee. Easy drive. Beautiful drive. About 1/2 hour.

This summer we stopped and paid hommage at the vineyard of Montrachet. We saw what looked like a motorcycle gang (complete with leather jackets, etc.). Did not really know what to make of them. They stopped. Took off helmets and were aging Burg lovers like us who just liked to drive around Burgundy on motorcycles. A bunch of nice guys. We took pictures of them in front of the Montrachet sign and they took pictures of us.

Don’t know why, but your post made me thing of this. I guess if the motorcycle “gang” had been made up of gorgeous women, etc., that would have been better, but this was still pretty nice.