I'm goin' in, To Sin City

Hitting Vegas in January. Apart from hanging out with Gil Lempert-Schwartz any must do things, must see shows, must dine at restaurants?

Tons of restaurants. On the higher end had a great meal at Twist when we were there in August. Amazing view also. Nice list. Lots of half bottles. Great Sommelier. Decent pricing.

George

Thanks George.

Good call on hanging out with Gil. Take your opportunity to do so now. His ability to hang out with people on “the outside” may be limited in the future.

I liked the show Beatle’s Love (Cirque du Soleil at Miarage) a lot.

I recommend Herringbone’s in Aria. The whole fish Ceviche appetizer is divine and the whole Bronzino was absolutely fabulous. It was voted the best restaurant by the Las Vegas Concierge Association. It was all that. Bouchon’s is also very good. I recommend the chicken dish for dinner - unreal.

Jose Andres Bazaar Meat in the SLS Hotel
Been to most restaurants in Aria and still love Sage.
Hakassan in MGM.

I’ll need to get myself to Twist next time.

A big second on Bazaar Meats. We got a tour of the place (after closing) and the cellar (1200 different bottles). They have separate kitchens for meat, fish, and sides. The meats that come out are impressive.

FYI…Gil showed up at a big consumer tasting on Sat, so I guess he made it out of Hong Kong unscathed. His wife Christine was with him; I could make a tacky comment but I won’t. She’s a nice lady.

Lotus of Siam
Picasso on the high end.
The Pinball Hall of Fame is fun cheap entertainment.

Two things we always do.

Raku, sit at the small bar, order a few items at a time until your stuffed, drink sake. Life is good.

Get a room with a balcony at the Cosmopolitan. Really nothing like hanging out on a balcony overlooking the strip. The higher up and facing the Bellagio if possible. If you don’t do that then at least go have a drink at the Mandarin bar, good mixed drinks but an incredible view makes the scene.

Got back a few weeks ago from Vegas. We hit Jaleo, Sage and Scarpetta. Liked Jaleo the best, Scarpetta second. Sage had some misses. Scarpetta’s wine list was crazy expensive.

Went to the Beatles Love show, really enjoyed it.

If you want cocktails with a view of the strip, Skyfall Lounge in the Delano is great. If you go early, it is pretty quiet.

Beatles Love is a good show if you have even a passing interest in the Beatles. Tons of good places to eat, from high end to burgers. What did you have in mind? Most places allow corkage though MGM properties limit it to two bottles and no magnums. Or, at least that is what we’ve been told a few times. Mentioned here, Picasso has been good several times. We’ve had an excellent experience at Sage and good as in fine but not special.

We almost always hit Bouchon but we often stay at the Venetian/Palazzo so its convenient. So is Yardbird for some southern cooking-great cocktails, too. Haven’t been to Lotus in a few years so I can’t say either way. Raku gets a ton of love from people who I trust but our one experience was, to be generous, mediocre. I’ve had a couple of good meals at Bardot Brassarie, too. When I used to go with a bunch of guys we always ate at Delmonico’s for steak because of their good (at least by Vegas standards) corkage policy.

Super high end we have loved Guy Savoy. Been to Joel Rubuchon, too, both are just stupid expensive.

JD

We were in Vegas a couple of months ago and had a very average meal at Twist. The “twists” for the most part didn’t work but service was warm and wine list decent for Vegas. Liked Guy Savoy on a prior trip much better for food. Mandarin is a very nice place to stay. Really like the bar there.

delmonico has a great wine list at Venetian.

Absinthe is a not to be missed show. Cutting adult humor with great acrobatics.

You can go and shoot stuff up and get a ride in the world’s largest monster truck limo

http://tours.lasvegasoutdoorrange.com/combo/?gclid=COz967avztACFY0XaAodQsUPBg

You can drive a fast car. Fast. On a track.
Exotics Racing

Any good Italian on the strip? Going again in a few months and realized we never eat Italian when there. No Batali is the only requirement.

Here now and went to Top Golf yesterday. Great fun for all, even the non golfers. Place is enormous.

Saw zoomanity last night. It was good, different format.

There’s a good one in the bellagio.