Suggestions regarding Hanoi and a question about Bali

Hello,
Two questions regarding an upcoming trip.

We are going for a week to a dive resort in Indonesia called Wakatobi, where the meals are included but drinks and wine are extra. A quick look at the wine list there is pretty depressing. $12 a glass for Penfolds Rawsons retreat and $200 a bottle for D’Arenberg Dead arm are examples. We can bring wine and liquor with us but there is a weight limit. We have a 2 night, 1 day stay in Bali before leaving to the outer island and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a wine or liquor store there. We are overnighting in the Kuta area near the airport. Also, it seems like most of the wine available in Bali is Australian and mostly the mass market stuff, so if anyone has suggestions on what might be decent in this range, that would be great.

We also have a longish layover in Taipei airport and I probably will just buy a liter of alcohol at duty free and take that with us to Wakatobi for mixed drinks cocktails and may forgo wine for the week. Indonesia has a 1 liter per person limit on duty free so that shouldn’t be a problem.

After Wakatobi we are going to be in Hanoi for 5 nights and if anyone has any recommendations regarding a first time visit there I would love to learn. We would be interested in walking tours around the city, cooking classes, restaurants, interesting eating or drinking experiences, or any other suggestions. We will probably spend one night on Cat Ba Island to hike, and kayak on the bay there and any suggestions for Cat Ba would be helpful too.

For Bali I’ve been to VIN+ in Seminyak. Pretty sure they did delivery for some amount threshold, but not sure about all the way to Kuta (doubt it but worth asking?)

Re Hanoi…there are several interesting museums and the like. The Museum of Ethnography is very good; displays of houses and ways of life of the indigenous peoples of Vietnam. The whole Ho Chi Minh memorial is quite interesting. It includes his tomb, his two former houses, cars, etc. He lived a very simple life.

There are a couple of wine bars, but the names escape me; they have ads in the Vietnam Airlines flight magazine. There are French restaurants and many neighborhood breweries akin to what you now see with micro breweries in the US. There are some liquor stores that specialize in big bottles of Vodka (for the Russians in the audience) and various whiskeys. Champagnes, too. These folks are serious drinkers; shops are similar to the duty free shops in airports.

Wow, Buddy, I must say that you have shared really nice post here which us good. Bali is one of the beautiful places in the world as I have visited it and enjoyed really a good time there. Its attractions and natural beauty are really adorable. On the other hand, Hanoi is untouched place or me but I learnt a lot about it after reading the posts.