New Orleans - lunch

Will be in New Orleans for a couple days soon and have dinners taken care of. Was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a good lunch spot that wasn’t to far from Harrah’s (either walking distance or short uber ride)? would be nice if it was somewhere that would let us see a fun part of the city and explore a bit as well.

I would take the streetcar (or an uber, if time is tight) to Commander’s Palace. It has been a while, but for decades it has produced excellent local dishes and it is in the Garden District which makes for a marvelous post-prandial stroll. It is also a couple of blocks from Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, which is definitely worth a detour. A little turtle soup, some NO barbecued shrimp and a walk around the area would be a terrific mid-day break. And if you want to blow off what you have planned for the rest of the day, take the streetcar to its terminus at the zoo.

Neal, thank you for the tips! Looking forward to exploring the city with the limited time I have

You can walk to Lüke or Mr B’s. As good as lunch gets.

Cochon Butcher.

George

Ended up going with Glenn’s recommendation of Luke because it was hot and was the closest restaurant. Wow, what a great meal, might go back again tomorrow. Had the soft shell crab BLT with added fried egg and avocado. Delicious!

I had dinner at Luke last month and LOVED it!

If Friday it must be @ Galatoire’s