7-10 nights in northern Tuscany chianti & Florence

We are hoping to do a very focused trip and do it with 7 nites ideally. We’ve already been to Seina, Montlcino, Cinque Terra and the southern Tuscany Brunello area. Never been to Florence and chianti. Thinking of 2-3 nights on the front or back end in Florence. 4 -5 nites in a village with a daily market so my wife can cook a couple nites. Loved Siena except for the crowds during the day. Would like a smaller village with more local feel but also some good restaurants. We’re not shoppers. W e use the little packs and travel light. More interested in a village with great architecture and character but we rarely tour the churches. Want a great night time vibe and maybe a 2 bedroom place we can rent with a great view day and night. So my interenary might be 2 nites florencce 5 nites one village base. or 3 nites Florence /4 nites at smaller village base. Thought about Radda but it may be too small. Also thought of a smaller version of Siena like Lucca or Sangimani? Please share your thoughts. Are there other great coastal towns besides the now very busy Cinque Terra? Thinking of late next month or even in November. November appeals more actually unless there is something I don’t know about that month in Tuscany?

November is wonderful in Tuscany. We went for Thanksgiving last year and one other time several years ago in November as well. Weather was mostly sunny but cool days, although you can get some rainy and dreary days. Crowds are fewer and most wineries are open with appts.

We stayed in Greve in Chianti (near Panzano) but not in the town - up above in the hills in a quaint small hotel (no cooking) and attended the weekly market. Nearby in Panzano, we dined with Dario Cecchini. If you’ve never been and you like beef, I’d highly recommend it. A great communal table with a range of Americans and Europeans led to a very interesting and entertaining evening with new friends and wonderful food.

For seven nights, you may want to consider a few in Lucca, a few near Greve/Panzano, and a few in Florence. Driving between towns and areas of Tuscany will take longer than you expect - we originally considered Lucca/coast down through to Montalcino, but really cut back the driving. Some of our favorite places on the coast were closed in November. And November is truffle season and a large festival in San Minato (sp?).