Best weather on sonoma coast?

Thinking of mid October to Mid November and staying around Jenner. Is it foggy and cold? Hoping for a lot of clear comfortable weather. I was in SF/Napa in November once and the weather was clearer and more pleasant then summer in SF.

It can be anything that time of year, depending on how the storm pattern sets up. October is often one of the nicer months, particularly if an offshore flow happens, pushing warmer inland air toward the coast. You just can’t know. Likelihood is that you’ll get some good weather unless there is an actual storm coming through. We almost never venture up that way in the summer, preferring to wait until fall. That’s when all the winery pickups are (Oct-Dec), and I can’t remember very many that were rainy (though it happens).

October may have some harvest fun and baseball. November not so much. When is the weather ‘bad’ in CA if you live in MN?

My wife is concerned that we rent a place overlooking the ocean but can’t see it because its foggy most of the day. I’m more optimistic that October / November could be pretty clear. Not looking to sun bath, just want nice weather so we can see ou $600 night rental ocean views.

Thanks Alan!

I think you’re unlikely to just have fog that would make the views worthless. Even stormy weather (somestimse especially stormy weather) can give fantastic ocean views, unless it is just solid, endless rain - which is very unlikely around here.

Craig,

Fog will not be an issue that time of year. Will either be sunny or stormy. Would be good to see you guys if you have time while out this way.

Cheers,

Jeff

^ This ^

May-September are generally the foggy months on the North Coast. October is great, still fairly warm too. Can’t count how many days I’ve spent fishing, exploring and just plain hanging out on the beach JNO of Jenner with my kids over the years.