Broadway plays

Last year, I wanted to get my wife to go up with me to NY when I went to the Fete du Champagne. The “price” I had to pay was to take her to a Broadway show. Not much of a price, as we went to see Hamilton, which was great.

Now, we get to this year, when I definitely want to go up to NY for the Paulee in March and maybe to the Fete du Champagne again. I believe I have set a precedent and we will be going to plays each time. I don’t know much about what is going on in the theatre in NY, so please help? Can be a play or a musical, serious or comedy. Thanks.

Kinky Boots was fun

Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time was fabulous. Last years Tony winner.

Depends on the person I suppose and type of humor you like, but my wife and I loved Avenue Q. Very very funny. And unlike many others, did not care for The Book of Mormon

I loved Avenue Q and tickets are more reasonable than other shows.

I also loved Book of Mormon. I was trying to keep to more current shows, but Book of Mormon might be my #1 recommendation if you haven’t seen it.

A lot of shows have closed recently.
We go up about every 6 weeks to see a show. Have to take a break until some new ones come.
Of the current crop — we loved Something’s Rotten. Kinky Boots and Mormon were also worth seeing.

Thanks everyone. As we have a few months to go before at least the March visit, please keep this up as new ones come along.

I’ve seen the first two of those and loved both. Though for full disclosure we saw Kinky Boots in London, not on Broadway.

+1. A fantastic play. Unlike anything else you’ll see.

I have heard The Humans is excellent.

Closing this week.