Help for S. Africa trip - how to get affordable biz class??

Any recommendations/advice for affordable business class tickets to Cape Town traveling after Thanksgiving this year? I’m looking at Nov 25 - Dec 6 but flexible. Flying out of SFO, likely. Flights are about $4k and up on rack rate, and I don’t have any built-up airline points or miles to help.

Any other advice for SA travel much appreciated, too. :slight_smile:

Use ITA Matrix or Google Flights. There are also websites that publish travel deals regularly (sorry, don’t have any links with me at work). Another source is FlyerTalk and the “Premium Fare Deals” forum. It sometimes shows up under the “Mileage Run” forum heading.

I haven’t been in a few years but I’m a booking agent for a safari operator. They book through custom travel Africa. Look them up. A great gal by the name of Debbie Trinidad. Its my understanding that they buy blocks of seats on flights at great prices because of their volume. Let us know if it helps!

I did it on miles last December NYC > Johannesburg > Cape Town Return was JNB > London > NYC. I would guess you cant get from the west coast to JNB direct anyway. You can stop in Europe somewhere and then direct to Cape Town

I had a fantastic time there. Are you going up north to safari? If so find a day for this http://www.horseridinginafrica.com/ They have a very good program where they raise lions to release to the wild.
I did a lion walk and played with 3 week old cubs