NAPA Wine Proposal... HELP!!!

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Napa/Sonoma this labor day weekend and I’m planning on proposing. It’s very late in the game to just now start making arrangments, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone had recommendations for romantic locations, accommodations, ideas, etc. I’m behind the 8-ball and I really don’t want to screw this up. So I figured, what better community to reach out to for help than you guys! Anything you all can suggest would be appreciated more than you’ll ever know. Thank you in advance. I hope everyone’s next bottle of wine is as beautiful as mine will be :slight_smile:

She’s a Bed and Breakfast type, not really a fancy hotel kind of girl. So I was hoping for some kind of accommodations off the beaten path. Like a small cabin or camper near a vineyard or something like that? Engagement rings are deadly expensive haha… so I’m trying to find something reasonable. Which pretty eliminates every Napa/Sonoma hotel for me.

I was also thinking of proposing on a picnic somewhere really pretty. A vineyard or something like that we could ride bikes too? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance. I really do appreciate any advice you can provide.

-A lost but swooning man

Go to VRBO and look up Acorn House in Kenwood (Sonoma). It’s off of Highway 12 between St. Francis winery and Landmark.
Cozy cottage with a kitchen. The owners are fantastic hosts.

Maybe a little too far west, but google the Santa Nella House. That cottage looks sweet and is on my list for a long weekend some day soon.

Thank you for your suggestions Bud and Pete. Unfortunately, the Acorn house is booked that weekend and the Santa House is a bit far West. Thank you again.

Anyone else with some hidden gems or ideas? I’m completely lost :\

Too far West? Santa Nella is smack dab in the middle of the RRV/Sonoma Coast/ dry Creek areas. I guess the Farmhouse Inn is out of the question then. 35 minutes to Calistoga.

Most the BnBs in Yountville and St. Helena are pretty nice. Links to their websites are on the page.

Thanks everyone. I was really hoping to find a hidden gem type proprety on a vineyard? I’ve heard a few wineries offer these to their members but I was hoping someone knew a generious one that would help me out for my proposal. Thanks again for the feedback everyone!

-Adam

http://www.meadowood.com/dining/picnics

I’d personally skip over Napa and Sonoma. What you’re looking for is all over the Mendocino Coast.