Indianapolis Dining??

Will be there next month for 4 days on a business trip. No clue as to where to start. Suggestions?

Head for I 65 north. Follow signs towand Chicago. Culture (and good food) awaits you. Trust me, I was born and raised in Indiana… :slight_smile:

Are you looking for any type of dining experience/cuisine?
Short list includes Recess, Black Market, Bluebeard, Milktooth (breakfast/brunch).

I second Bluebeard… good place.

George

Contact Pat Burton, very gracious when I was there last month.

Andy recommended Recess to me and our entire group LOVED it. Prix fixe, casual, ridiculously good food. The desert included a cheese course, followed by a cookie made with chopped up candy bars. It was one of the best things I have ever eaten and I’m not particularly fond of sweets.

Recess, R Bistro, Bluebeard, Black Market, Rook (Asian street food inspired-and excellent) are all very good. Downtown Indy is littered with steak houses but there is much, much better food there now than in the years past. Michael M hasn’t been back in a while but, in all fairness, it just started turning around a few years ago. Pizzology is solid, too, if you are in the mood for that. If you have the time hit The Smoking Goose Meatery for some fantastic smoked meats or Goose The Market.

JD

Agree w John; of note R Bistro has closed.

Well shit. One of my favorite places in Indy.

JD

Bluebeard. Can’t overstate how much I adore this restaurant. They do absolutely everything right. Once upon a time, they had a lavender bread pudding and I still dream of it. Interesting wine list. Solid food. Fabulous ambiance. Balanced cocktails.

FWIW, Erin Kem, the most recent chef de cuisine and long-time sous chef will be moving to Cannonball Brewing Co. She is also available for private events and just did a great private lunch for a small group of us last weekend.

Just circling back on this one. Heading there next week. Will def check these out! Thanks!

Thanks for this . Will be taking my son to a gaming convention in early August and this list will certainly help!