Portland/Willamette Recommendations Needed

My wife and I are planning a trip in September/October (specific dates TBD) to Portland and the Willamette Valley. I have done a search on the board for recommendations, and most are focused on wineries and tastings, which is appropriate. However, we would like to pursue a slightly different focus. I figure a couple of days in Portland (or nearby), and maybe a couple of days on the Coast, and a couple of days in the Willamette Valley. I am looking for some recommendations for cool places to stay (towns and hotels), great places to eat, interesting places to visit. We like to go out to breakfast, stroll, browse, eat a light lunch, nap, take a drive, have an evening cocktail, a nice dinner, etc…would love to visit a few wineries along the way, but the trip does not need to be “wine-tasting centric”. Looking more for a chill/food/scenery/interesting people/taste and drink wine type trip. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

TIA,

Paul

I’m brewing today so I don’t have a lot of time, but here are a few ideas. I’ll fill in more as I have time.

Things to do on the Oregon Coast in September/October:
Visit Astoria - A number of good breweries, the Astor Column and the waterfront.
Go Hiking - Cape Lookout, Cascade Head, Heceta Head all have good options
Go Fishing - The Fall Salmon run will be in Tillamook Bay. The fishing can be slow or fantastic. The Chinook tend to be on the large side - 30 to 60 lbs.
Hang out on the Beach - Cannon Beach, Manzanita, and Pacific City are good for this.
Visit the Cheese Factory - Tillamook Cheese is made in Tillamook. Some people like the cheese curds. I like the ice cream.
Visit the OSU Marine Science Center in Newport.

Things to do in the Willamette Valley in September/October that don’t involve wine:
Go to a college football game - They say the sun always shines at Autzen Stadium. It’s likely that either the Beavers or the Ducks will be in town.
Silver Creek Falls - A number of waterfalls, where several creeks fall off the edge of a giant sheet of basalt. Sounds weird, looks cool.
Visit Corvallis - Nice downtown area, 5 or 6 breweries.
Visit McMinnville - It’s interesting to go to the Granary District (home to at least four wineries) when harvest is going on. Also, the Evergreen Air and Space Museum has some great exhibits including the Spruce Goose.

For a day in Portland, chill places to stay and stroll from include the Ace Hotel and the Hotel Deluxe. Quite different atmospheres but both enjoyable depending on what you like. Hotel Lucia is also excellent though not quite as distinctive in atmosphere as the other two. Strolling around the West End in SW Portland and the Pearl in NW is a great way to browse. Also see the Powell’s Books store. Many lunch and dinner options in this area as well. A great afternoon drive is up the Columbia Gorge on the old historic highway, stopping at Crown Point and some waterfalls, then back on I-84. There are many great dinner spots in neighborhoods as well including the E. Burnside area, Alberta St., and Division St.

If you want to be more neighborhood-oriented that downtown area the Mississippi St area and Hawthorne St. area are good browsing options. Hotels are limited there but air bnbs are not.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, this is helpful and much appreciated!