Sonoma/Napa Trip

We are headed out for our trip this weekend. Super excited. Here’s what we have so far:

Schramsberg
Inman
Pride
Papapietro Perry
Auteur

We are staying in Petaluma.

Since we won’t be staying in town that long, I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some great bottle shops that we can do some “one-stop shopping” for a case or two to bring home with us.

Any other recommendations?

I have no advice. Enjoy the trip.

for wine shops:

Vine & Barrel - Petaluma
Bottle Barn - Santa Rosa

Just curious-is Schrasmberg (which I really enjoyed and still buy today-years after visiting) the furthest winery from Petaluma? What’s your schedule in terms of the visits.

This is not the order, just were visiting. My wife loves bubbles.

I stayed at the Metro Cafe and Hotel for one of our visits. Loved it. Anyways, you should try Clos du Val which we really enjoyed. Just buy a few bottles at the Vineyard and have them ship it, if you like the wines.

I love bubbles too. That’s why I eat lots of fiber.

Thanks

+1000 on Bottle Barn - Where Wine Country buys wine. Bottle Barn is literally across the street from Siduri.

Ahhhh. Siduri, we had a lovely tasting there. Their single vineyards are amazing.

Bottle Barn is the place to go without a doubt.

I live in Petaluma. What kind of recommendations are you looking for?

Any good places to eat in Petaluma? Any good sushi places?

Go to Rohnert Park and eat at Hana. Petaluma scares me. They do random DUI checkpoints all the time. Speaking as a wine forum member even a couple glasses with dinner can be problematic.

Best Sushi place in Petaluma is Gohan. Hana in Rhonert Park is better, about a 15 minute drive.

Two best restaurants in Petaluma in my opinion are Central Market and Seared. Seared is a steakhouse but has good cocktails and other dishes.

Central Market would probably be my choice if you stay in Petaluma. You can easily get a cab on a Friday or Saturday night in Petaluma if you are drinking.

I usually do corkage for both but Central Market has a decent wine list.

We have reservations at Central Market. Also going to try Cucina Paradiso.

Big +1 on Cucina Paradiso

We had an offline there a while back. Food was great, wine service was great, owner a d staff very friendly and helpful.

Quick update:

Loved, loved, loved Auteur.
Schramsberg was ok for the tour, but tasting fee is high and not applied to purchases
Pride was fantastic. Great wines and excellent tour.

Cucina Paradiso was great.

Headed up to Santa Rosa today.

Thanks all for the help.

Thanks for checking in-enjoy the trip.