high end cruise lines

Looking for some very high level cruise line for adults without children for European cruises.

Somebody recommended Crystal , any other recommendations?

We used Windstar. Supposedly high end. The ships are smaller so you can get into smaller ports like in Croatia. We enjoyed it.

Haven’t been with them myself, but Crystal is more or less tops, from who I’ve heard from. Mom and dad have sailed several times with Azamara and Oceania and have been very, very happy with both lines. I don’t know if those lines have any boats that are truly children-free.

One of my best friends is taking a serious look at the Rhine Christmas Markets cruise—I can’t remember if she’s looking at Avalon, AmaWaterways, Viking or someone else for that—if I remember, I’ll ask and report back.

Silversea are up there too, but Crystal is very good.

We haven’t done Chrystal, but have loved Silversea. Seabourn is supposed to be nice as well/

Friends love Azmara

We sail at least once a year on Seabourn and would recommend it highly. It has the best blend of luxury, attentive service and amenities for us. The complimentary wines have gone downhill but they have a lot to choose from and there is always something acceptable. The ships being smaller helps get to ports the bigger ships can’t visit and adds to the intimacy.

We used to sail on Regent beginning when it was Radisson Seven Seas. That has sadly gone downhill and has actually gotten more expensive. They justify it by adding things that you really don’t need or can do better on your own. We’re going on Silversea for the first time in a couple of weeks for comparison. It seems quite similar to Seabourn in approach and we’re looking forward to it.

We’ve talked about Crystal but never done it. It only went all inclusive a few years ago, and that is an essential for us. One factor has made us avoid it. Seabourn, Silversea and Regent are all completely open seating (you go in whenever you want), except for the specialty restaurants. Crystal still has seatings or you can make reservations in advance for set times. I don’t like having to plan dinner at a particular time when you don’t know what your day will be like. YMMV. Crystal is supposed to have the best food, however.

Whichever way you go, enjoy it. Cruising in Europe is one of my favorite ways to travel.

Silversea is open seating in their main dining rooms. As Jeff noted, the smaller ships are a great advantage in getting into towns rather than staying in port (we were a block from the Hermitage in St Petersburg).

When we have travelled, we ordered bottle each of scotch, vodka and champagne into the room for late night festivities. All gratis

Viking just started with one new cruise ship — designed similarly to their river cruise ships. The river cruises are great. We may try the ocean ship next year. The ship is only about 900 passengers which is not bad. River cruises have 190 passengers.

Uniworld has very nice cruises. We enjoyed a rhone river cruise. They let me bring wine on the boat whenever we stopped at different ports

A friend just booked one of these. Hadn’t realized they did anything outside a river.

Over the past two years I’ve sailed 28 days total on Sea Dream Yacht Club and I can’t express enough how much I love this line. 2 megayachts, tiny ports, at most 112 guests.

You can’t get much more personalized service and the food is great. They do have a nice wine list. I do tend to bring some of my own. They serve for free a preselected rose with lunch, and a white and red with dinner. They’ve been average imo. Open bar for alcohol, good names.

I’ll be sailing 12 more days this December. They sail Caribbean in winter and all over Europe in summer.

We used Silversea for Alaska, but most of their itineraries are Europe. Smaller ships, somewhat older crowd, all inclusive. I would look at them. Also Regent, if they do Europe (I assume so).

Just back from our first cruise on Silversea. While it is far superior to the mainstream lines and has a lot of nice touches, it is not up to Seabourn’s level overall. One major problem - the food sucked across the board. While we might sail it again for the right itinerary, we’re not rushing to do so.

We have been on multiple cruises with Regent and found them to be wonderful. They are just launching a new ship, the “Explorer,” which is supposed to be incredible. We have been on both the “Navigator” and “Voyager.”

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I’ve heard that Ama Waterways is going to get into the Cruise business. Based on their river cruises I’d bet they will be on the upper end.

Interesting that Viking is now also in the “larger” ship cruise business. And Crystal just started river cruises. I like the competition! I also like the idea of the smaller cruise ships.

If you are $very$ serious, one of my sons in law now works for Burgess Yachts. They start at about 50K British Pounds a week and go way up .

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to BURGESS and the world of luxury yachting. I have attached a copy of the BURGESS Charter brochure and a link to our BURGESS Superyacht Living and Style Magazine for your enjoyment. The diversity and expertise in our magazine will reflect the depth and breadth of service and knowledge that you will find with BURGESS.

Web: http://www.burgessyachts.com

champagne.gif

A French person told me about this small French cruise ship company that he claims is about as good as Crystal for a lot less. Cabins seem pretty modest though.

Any experiences out there?

I wish I did know more about it. The line is mentioned sometimes when articles are written about the high end of cruising. Very little here at Cruise Critic too Upcoming Ponant Cruises: 2023 Prices, Itineraries + Activities on Cruise Critic I think I have seen them mentioned in Departures (American Express) magazine too. If you find out anything of substance, please share.

We are mostly cruising on Oceania now because of the available itineraries. Leaving Friday for a short 10 Monte Carlo to Venice with stops in some interesting ports among them, Taormina, Sicily, Kotor, Montenegro, Split, Croatia, Koper, Sovenia, Sorrento/Capri, Livorno (Florence/Pisa), and and Corfu, Greece.

Next spring it is 39 days on Oceania from Singapore to Rome. Oceania is as high end as we have gone so far but they have been great up to now. Our Cape Town to Buenos Aires last year was great.