Northern California wine country??

So my wife and I are thinking of going back to northern california wine country after a number of year absence. We really enjoyed Healdsburg when we went in 2007 for our honeymoon and we were thinking about going back there but wanted to see if anyone had other opinions on fun wine/food cities that we should try instead of doing healdsburg.

Is it worth going all the way up to Boonville for a long four day weekend? Anything else in RRV?

Appreciate the feedback.

Boonville combined with the Mendocino coast would be a nice combo.

Wine is everywhere around here. For a few interesting small town visits with good eats check out Occidental, Guerneville, Forestville.

Check here as well → Planning your visit to Sonoma "County"? This might help. - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Boonville if you want bit of a quieter time. Doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do. There’s plenty of wine plus redwoods and coast. Healdsburg has grown since last time you were there – expect a ton of ppl in town on weekends. Plenty to do around the area. I wouldn’t hesitate to send folks to Occidental or along the Russian River.

Love the farmhouse inn in forrestville.

Healdsburg was our favorite part of our visits in 2011 and 2012. When we visited last May, we drove through on a Sunday and the Plaza area was packed, no parking anywhere. No events that we could see, either. So if you choose Healdsburg, I would say avoid the weekend.

Yes, I highly recommend going back to Healdsburg as others have stated, it is considerably changed from 07. then continuing on into Anderson Valley for wine tasting and exploration including Boonville and redwood parks and then on to the coast and up to Mendocino for at least a days visit. Its beautiful country, quiet and almost sleepy which is conducive to staying mellow and the coastline is magnificent in this area.