Any recommendations in or around Sydney or Melbourne?

I will soon be relocating to Australia and would appreciate any recommendations. While I will be based in Sydney, I would welcome any wines or Cellar Doors to check out. Generally a fan of AFWE pinot noir, but looking forward to diversifying our palates. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

How many pallets do you intend shipping to Australia ?

Just for that Anthony you need to reach out and invite Chris over for a proper Australia greeting! Grammar/punctuation isn’t that important in the land down under is it??

He is most welcome as are all Beserkers who venture down under.

Nobody has given any recommendations yet, and this is a pretty broad topic. I’m also not sure what AWFE means.
I’m not the best person to give Sydney recommendations, but you’ll find some great wines in both the Hunter Valley and Canberra regions which a both have some excellent producers although neither have a lot of Pinot.

Melbourne is surrounded by pinot regions - The Mornignton Peninsula, Yarra Valley Macedon and Bellarine regions are all an easy drive from the middle of Melbourne and most of the better Pinot comes from these regions.

AFWE = Anti Flavour Wine Elite. All of our pinots would fall into the elegant category. Chris should be happy with anything from Tasmania and Mornington Peninsula.

Yarra Valley Pinots would also be worth seeking out.

Cellar Doors around Sydney is really the Hunter Valley (1hr45mins by car), heaps there. Or to Canberra 3hrs and hit up Clonakilla, Helm, Eden Rd etc.

My advice would be to visit a forum like Auswine and lurk for a while and see what’s up and happening, lots of offlines happening, advice etc.

Thanks for the suggestions. We definitely intend to make a trip over to the Mornington Peninsula and Yarra Valley after we get settled. We’ll probably do a quick trip up to Hunter Valley first, just given the ease of access from Sydney. Will be sure to check out auswine, thanks.

Hit me up when you wan’t more detailed info on the Mornington Peninsula. I grew up there so know it pretty well. I’m no expert on the Hunter or Canberra but others like Dave will have a better knowledge and be able to provide a bit of detail. I’ve got reasonable knowledge on most of the Victorian regions as well as some in South Australia and Western Australia if you are planning to go a bit further afield.As Dave mentioned, the Auswine forum is a pretty good resource as well although nowhere near as active as wine beserkers.