Going back to Burgundy this summer

Anything new and noteworthy in the Cotes d’Or regarding restaurants? The last time I went (three years ago) people on this board sent me to Aupres du Clocher, which was new (at least relatively) and I really enjoyed it there. Have been to Burgundy several times before and to a number of restaurants in the area but certainly not all of them (how could anyone other than maybe Jeremy have been to all of them), but I thought I would check in on what is new.

Le Carmin is best new restaurant in Beaune. If you want something different than the usual Burgundian food then go to La Lune for small plates of Japanese/French fusion food. Make sure you get a reservation at the bar. Maison du Colombier has upped its game with small plates and a good wine list. LoLo’s new place La Dilettante is always fun for wine and charcuterie.

Bistrot au bord de l’eau in Levernois is my favorite lunch place.

When will you be there?

Jealous, Howard. Be sure to post everything

We will be there in July.

Will do.

Howard, we’re going in June. I’ll be able to give you the latest updates on places we go to.

Thanks Paul. Have a great time.

Bissoh at beaune
Le charlemagne at pernand
La rotisserie at gevrey
Le pot d’etain at isle sur serein
Hostel levernois (again)

We love the Hostellerie de Levernois…had a great time each of the last two years and I’m sure we’ll go again this September when we’re there. Frankly, I don’t understand why they don’t get their second Michelin star back. Their more casual Bistrot au bord de l’eau is, as Paul says a great lunch spot.

We haven’t made it to the Michelin starred Ed.Em in Chassagne yet. Our one time at Aupres du Clocher was OK, but not exceptional. We like to go back to Le Millesime in Chambolle, but only been there for lunch since we’ve been staying in Puligny Montrachet lately, and that’s quite a trek late at night after a big night.

To piggyback on to this thread, I’ll be staying in Puligny Montrachet for a couple of nights in July. Any recommendations right around there? Thanks in advance.

Hunter, the lunch at le Montrachet is great value.

Anthony,

Thank you very much for the recommendation! We will be sure to check it out.

Thanks again,
Hunter