Paris on our own (me and the girl)

Just arrived to Paris and Juan has strep throat. [cry.gif] We are staying by the Louvre and ready to venture out to grab a bite to eat. Neither of us speak French so we are a little nervous. Any quick suggestions? We’re leaving him sick in the hotel.

You will do fine in Paris with English. You can always translate menu items with an app, but even then it might not help. My french coworkers tell me they often cannot tell what a dish is without asking for an explanation.

You’ll be fine. Cross the river, walk to Blvd. St Germain and walk up and down the Boulevard to find something (great shopping, too). For dessert, walk to the back of Notre Dame, cross the bridge (Pont St Louis), and walk down Rue St Louis to Berthillon (http://www.berthillon.fr/_

Ah, Paris!

Spanish helps a lot.

Esprançais?

Si señor :wink: :wink:
He drug himself out of bed to go have a bite to eat (soup) with us…

Go to L’Amis Jean, or to Auberge Bressane.

If you want something very casual, yet extremely Parisian, there is a great little seafood shop 5-10 minutes walk from the Louvre - you can pull up a table, enjoy some wonderful food, and watch as locals drop by to get advice about what to take home for dinner. It is called L’Ecume Saint-Honore, and the address is 6 Rue du Marche Saint-Honore.

I can also recommend a great bistro across the river at 51 rue de Verneuil called Les Cinq Mars. It isn’t a large place, so you might need to reserve ahead if you want to dine at a fashionable time, but it is worth it. Don’t miss the chocolate mousse, and when I say don’t miss, I mean be sure to grab a second or even a third portion…

Now I am wishing that I were in Paris right now…instead of holed up in a downtown Burbank hotel.

Noted all the above! Thanks!!!

l’Ardoise is quite close to you. Bistro Volnay as well.