Recommendations for Berlin, Amsterdan and Paris?

Looking for recommendations for things to see, as well as restaurants. Not looking for fancy restaurants, more like local haunts with good food. Most of all, need recommendations for vegan/vegetarian restaurants.

Have you decided where you are staying in Paris? Or what kind of sites most interest you? Paris is a massive city, full of many neighborhoods that you could spend a week getting to know. I’m frankly at a loss about where to direct you. But as a general tip, so much of traditional French cuisine is about meat plus sauce plus sides, that in general you will likely be better off seeking out regional or foreign cuisines like fondue (Pain Vin Fromages is always a great choice), Vietnamese (“Buddhist cuisine” works great for Vegans), Indian, Thai, or Japanese. Many “foodie” restaurants are increasingly designing vegetable-centric dishes, but it sounds like you would likely be priced out of most of them. Though Ellsworth is pretty reasonable, and convenient to the Louvre at 34 rue de Richelieu. At least you will have your choice of countless great bakeries to choose from for breakfast…

One of my favorite experience in Berlin was going to a Tajikstan teahouse for dinner - sit on the floor, big samovars, Russian tea service, etc. Very inexpensive but great fun. http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tajikistan-tearoom

It was packed with locals and travelers alike - some young families, some couples

Google Berlinfoodstories. I’m there now and picked up some good ethnic tips.

Eat Currywurst at least once a day while in Berlin.

my buddy wrote this on Berlin http://www.jacobgrier.com/blog/archives/7119.html

Jeff: Where are you staying in Amsterdam? There is a nice restaurant thread already going.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]

Go to HappyCow.com for vegan/vegetarian restaurants. We ate a bunch of them in Paris. There were some very good ones!

Found a 17th Century house on the canal on airbnb. The Spiegelkwartier, I think.