Keystone CO

going to be out in keystone for a week in Feb with the family. Any favorite restaurants? Do they allow corkage?

thanks

-paul

Very crowded time of the year and a super touristy part of the state, but I’ve enjoyed meals at Relish in Breck. If you are up for a little bit of a drive, try Ludwigs in Vail. Great wine list and superb food. Sweet Basil is also very good in Vail, but again you’re looking at a 30+ minute drive.

Corkage is not allowed (not legal) in CO. Stinks

Skied Keystone twice so far this year and have yet to step foot into any establishments. Hope we get more snow for you! Did not realize when moving to CO that there would be no more BYOB!

The restaurants on Keystone’s property all are mediocre or worse (do NOT go the the Italian place in River Run Plaza.) In addition to a handful of decent places in Breckenridge, on Main Street in Frisco there is a smattering of quality (but unexceptional) places. You really need to schlep to Vail or Beaver Creek for fine dining (but NOT when it is snowing).

Sweet Basil is one the best spots, but agree with comments that if it is snowing and/or if you don’t have a DD, don’t bother. Relish in Breckenridge is about 20 minutes and doesn’t require getting on I-70 (there are a couple other spots in Breck, such as Hearthstone, Blue River Bistro, & Czech it Out). Nothing of note in Keystone (IMO), there are a few options in Frisco but mostly casual dining.

Going to Breck Wednesday to Sunday and will hit all of the places you recommended. Looking at the wine lists, i’m guessing it is Colorado that keeps Frog’s Leap in business. [wow.gif]

This last February I ate at the Ski Tip Lodge, twice. Easily the two best meals I’ve had in Colorado. The menu changes at least weekly – none of the dishes on the menu on my first visit was still on there on my second. The wine list is small, but has some interesting choices – we got a Setroli Salis Valtellina off of their list. Certainly didn’t expect to see something like that. Website here: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+The+Ski+Tip+Lodge.axd