Beaune Hotel

Has anyone stayed at Abbaye de Maizieres? The photos look pretty amazing and the trip advisor reviews are very good. Just odd that I hadn’t heard about it before but I guess it just opened recently.

Also any other place that you may want to suggest, I’m interested.

Thanks.

Jerry, I haven’t stayed there but I did have a nice dinner in their restaurant last year.

looks great from the googles.

stayed at la poste this past spring and the qpr was the best i’ve experienced. was shocked how cheap it was for the service, amenities, etc.

La Poste is where we stayed for our first ever visit to Beaune in October. Old hotel, but comfortable, reasonably priced, free parking out front and close to the train station while within easy walking distance to the city center.

We stayed at Abbaye de Maizieres in November 2014. A Gothic church that was converted to a hotel-restaurant. Friendly proprietors and staff. Walk up only, with nice and very clean modern rooms, but quite small (at least ours was). About a 5-minute walk from Place Carnot. I like that the large available open-air public parking is convenient at only about a 2-minute walk from the hotel.

A B&B but Les Jardines le Lois was wonderful a couple of years ago. Great location & grounds. Ask for the Clos des Renardes room.

JD

Big +1

My wife and I spent three nights in Beaune and enjoyed them in the renardes suite. Very private, separate from the main building with your own parking area. Anne-Marie and Philippe were wonderful hosts and the location is great, right outside the city walls.

Stayed at Hôtel de La Poste on our trips and probably will stay there again. But, always very interested to hear other suggestions. Thanks!

Cheers, [cheers.gif]
Andrew

How about at the opposite end of the spectrum? Any good Gite or AirBNB recos for a single just wanting a place to sack out?

I stayed at Hotel de la Cloche. It was pretty basic but the people were nice, and it’s right near a bunch of the good restaurants.

I stayed there in the Summer of 2010 and would echo the above sentiment. It was small, but the owners and employees were incredibly hospitable. We didn’t eat at the restaurant, but on our last night the person working the front desk brought us all glasses of Marc de Bourgogne. If you have trouble walking up very old and uneven stairs or have concerns with low ceilings this probably isn’t the best place, but it is a very unique and cool place to stay. No A/C, so in summer, the rooms got VERY hot; if not for all the wine at dinner it might have been hard to fall asleep.

I also stayed in Hotel Henry II in the Summer of 2013 and was a little skeptical when I initially walked up, but was impressed with the actual rooms. Its still a convenient setting and a short walk from the center of Beaune, but the rooms were actually quite nice; ours also had a patio. It’s definitely worth a look, I’d probably stay there again on our next trip.

I’m a big fan of L’Hotel; it is one of our favorite small hotels in France.

Jerry, if you have a car don’t discount staying in Meursault at Anthony’s place www.burgundyman.com. Meursault has really come on as a village and has plenty of dining options, an excellent Boucherire and a couple of Boulangeries.

I had a nice stay at La Maison du Colombier in Beaune last fall. It’s a solid option for those who don’t mind more of a self-catering apartment setup. The wine bar downstairs is also worth a look. We had a fantastic bottle of 2010 Raveneau Montee de Tonnerre for something like 65 EUR.

We had a nice dinner there last October on the recommendation of Howard Camhi. He stays there regularly. The California couple sitting next to us were staying in an apartment upstairs.

L’Hotel de Beaune - if you don’t stay there make sure to have a meal at the Bistro L’Hotel. That Bresse chicken! champagne.gif

For those that have stayed at L’Hotel – which are you favorite room categories? I have one of the smaller rooms in the main building booked right now, but I am worried it may be too cramped for 4 nights/2 people? Thoughts?

Thanks.

Thinking about heading to Burgundy with my family this August. Any recommendations for hotels that might have larger accomodations, like large suites that would be good for families?

Thanks!

Dan, look into apartments. It is what we always rent. More room, usually less costly, and you can take advantage of the food at the market and don’t have to eat out for every single meal.

stayed here a few years ago and it was awesome. there’s a natural cave under the house and a pool. about 5 minute drive to Beaune Centre.

http://www.laterredor.com/en/unforgettable-surrondings.html