Paris - Need Restaurant Recommendations

In spite of the horrendous terrorist attack I’m planning on a trip to Paris in late March. I’m traveling with several foodies and would like some restaurant recommendations for high-end dinner places, as well as great lunch bistros.

Thanks in advance!

I would wait to see just what restaurants are still open and operating by March. It looks like the main stream of income in France just dried up.

Lunch = Le Comptoir du Relais

Dinner has lots of options. Does high end = 2 and 3*? Parisbymouth.com is a good primer on options

David Toutain is a must. And relatively reasonable.

Based on last week

Arpege and Passage 53 are unsurpassed.

Le Dome is underrated - if you want oysters and the best dover sole ever, it’s great!

Avoid Taillevent. Even an 01 Dujac Combottes couldn’t make the food more than meh… .

Also, try the search function. There is some very good info here about Paris restaurants.

Huge thread about Paris dining that is very relevant

Happy that you liked Passage 53. Such a great restaurant.

For those who like Passage 53, try Sola (the upstairs French restaurant).

For lunch or very relaxed dinner I would say Willi’s Wine Bar. Last time I went they had Allemand Chaillot, Jamet Côte-Rôtie and Lafon Clos de la Barre by the glass. Also some nice JL Vergnon BdB for aperitif.

Also, if you feel like having some fresh oysters (and other good quality tapas-action), Le Mary Celeste is a nice place. Mostly natural wines but we certainly enjoyed our bottle of Guy Bossard Granite Muscadet.

Troll.

A recent dinner at Le Villaret was quite good.

Same with Chez Les Anges, but the wine list is lacking in my opinion.
I do believe that Les Anges allows corkage.

Patrick

Le Mary Celeste has a good cocktail program, Brooklyn Brewery beers on tap, and a new chef. The previous chef was from Denmark and the new chef is Korean. The cooking is different than it was given the different experience and sensibilities of the two chefs, but is still very good.

Yes, that includes 2 & 3 star Michelin.

My wife treated me to dinner there in the summer for my 50th b’day celebration, and we brought my daughter (who has severe allergies to several foods) along. We wrote in advance about the allergies, and Chef Passard designed a degustation menu that was safe for her in all respects. We must have had 14 small courses during the course of the evening, and Chef Passard stopped by several times to make sure we were satisfied (we were) and that my daughter felt safe with her plates (she did). It was a very special evening. We would return for sure.

Les 110 Tallevent. 110 wines by the glass and the menu matches two less expensive and two more expensive wines with each menu item. Fun with a party of four to try all four recommendations and taste each. Food is pretty good also.

Very much enjoyed Spring, Ellsworth, Cafe Constant, Le 52 this past Holiday. Hope these expand your list.

Passage 53, Restaurant David Toutain, Clown Bar, Septime, Clamato, Bistro Le 6 Paul Bert, Bistro Paul Bert, Yam T’Cha…so many wonderful options

Good lord, you must be joking.

On our 2 days in Paris next month we’re revisiting 2 places - L’Arpege for lunch (since it’s so much less expensive than dinner) and Le Comptoir. This time we’re staying at the hotel so we can go for dinner.

Edited: just noticed the date on the original post