Hotel Recommendations - Paris

I’m organizing a trip to Paris in March and would like some hotel recommendations. I’d like to stay in the heart of Paris with a room rate between $200-$300 per night. If you have any travel web site tips that offer good deals that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you for your assistance and recommendations.

Not a hotel but I heartily recommend:

Depends on the type of hotel you are looking for, but you should get some decent rates in March.

One hotel to consider is a smaller property on Rue Jacob in the 6th, Hotel des Marroniers. Not luxurious (a 3 star), but very nice and comfortable with an indoor courtyard and garden near the Seine and Blvd St Germain

We used to rent an apartment in the building next to Hotel Marrionniers and agree with David’s comments. A great location in the heart of Saint‑Germain‑des‑Pres and, for a bit of trivia, pretty much directly across the street from the building where the Treaty of Paris was signed in 1783, ending the American War of Independence.

There may be 8-10 of us going… do you recommend looking it to a condo?

I was just talking to someone that came back from Paris. They rented a large condo for 4 adults and 5 kids. So it’s definitely do-able!

I have always enjoyed the Hotel St. Paul in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés quarter, just off Blvd. Saint-Germain, 6th Arrondissement. Half a block from the Odeon Metro station, half a block from the do-not-miss Le Comptoir du Relais, an easy walk to Luxembourg Gardens, a short stroll to to Notre Dame…

The best part is the friendly and eagerly accommodating staff.

Renting a flat is a great way to travel (we always do for our family). Kitchen, laundry, space and generally a lot cheaper than hotel equivalent

Stayed in a small, funky but nice hotel in the Marais. Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais. Not much in the way of amenities, but great location and super helpful staff. Under $200 euro

Hotel Relais Bosquet - a Rick Steves favorite and we have stayed here many times. The superior rooms, with very comfortable king sized beds, are large for Paris, but the bathrooms are a tad small. The rooms also have black out electric shades which cuts out any noise and light. Nice enough breakfast included with a Facebook “like” and only a block and a half from Rue Cler, a pedestrian market street. Also about two blocks from a Metro stop. We’ve tried several others but this is our go to place in Paris.

The Hotel Artus on Rue de Buci in the 6th is undergoing renovations but will be open by the time you go. It is a terrific small hotel and Sanjay the manager is a brilliant bloke for whom nothing is too much trouble.

We rented a great apartment in the Marais through AirBnB last summer for nine of us.

Hotel Relais Saint-Germain

airbnb or homeaway works great in Paris. I use them regularly.

Hotel Brighton - great location
http://www.paris-hotel-brighton.com/en/rates-and-special-offers/

There are some amazing places available here - https://www.airbnb.com/s/Paris--France?guests=8&room_types[]=Entire+home%2Fapt&price_min=680&ss_id=hjjesl2l

Memory lane… After my junior year in Edinburgh and London, I met my parents in Paris for a week and we stayed at the Brighton. My room was on the top floor of the hotel and massive compared to anywhere I had stayed the past year, I didn’t have to share it with anyone, it had its own bathroom, a balcony overlooking the Rue de Rivoli, and a spectacular view of the Tuileries. 40 years ago.

We have stayed at the Brighton many times and will return. Recommended for great location, friendly staff, and wonderful breakfast. The rooms are clean and comfortable. You pay up for views, but understandable.

I used to stay there all the time, but the area gets pretty empty at night around the hotel (nothing bad happened, but it’s really quiet). Lovely hotel however. I also used to stay at Hotel Stella Etoile, a little cute and clean 3-star right by the Arc de Triomphe. If you asked for the upper rooms on the (short, quiet) avenue, you would get a room with a tiny terrace that had views of the Arc and the Eiffel Tower.

I say “used to” because now whenever I’m in Paris for more than 3 days, I rent an apartment (I am sitting in a rented one as I write this in fact in Paris). And for as large a group as yours, I’d rent apartments, frankly. As someone above wrote, you have a kitchen, laundry (usually), and much more space to call your own.