All the way to Argentina

Hello all,

I was speaking to someone on this forum about traveling to Argentina and enjoy some of the best wine in the world, I lived there for 5 years so I may be biased neener

While a lot of people would say to go to Buenos Aires and you could get some great tasting wines in BA but hey this is a wine forum and you should go to the heart of wine in Argentina: Mendoza. Mendoza is the province to visit with their delicious Malbec grapes. Sorry I’m starting to sound like an advertisement… man I miss Argentina.

Ok so the places you’d want to hit are: familia zuccardi where they use a lot of house made ingredients in their wine, Maria Antonieta, which is a bistro with sidewalk tables and finally Bodegas Salentein is one of Mendoza’s most famous wineries which also houses the Killka art gallery and a tasting lounge.

I would recommend not going in the summer or winter. in fact I’d think the best time is September-December. The price to fly out is a bit much if I remember correctly around $1400 this does depend a lot on how/where/when you flying of course and I wasn’t looking at any special packages or anything like that. The good news is that once you’re in Argentina the dollar to pesos conversion is heavily in your favor, so things will be relatively cheap.

After looking around I see that there are actually packages to Argentina that are specifically for wine tasting, I’ve never been on one but that might help with the costs.

I realise not everyone is going to be flying out to Argentina, especially when CA is closer and France has a lot going for it on top of wine but I bet no one here would regret a true Argentine Malbec with a true Argentine beef asado. champagne.gif [cheers.gif]

Let me know what you think, I hope people enjoy me reminiscing blahblah