How to ship wine within Europe (Switzerland to France)?

Good morning everyone! Hoping some of the European contingent on here may be able to shed some light on this as it has been a bit difficult for me to find a clear answer online.

I’m arranging for some wine purchases in Switzerland (from a physical shop) and would like to have it shipped to Paris. I have a friend in Switzerland that can purchase the wine for me and can either ship it for me (so from an individual) or may be able to have the store ship it to my Paris address.

Are there advantages to either situation? How would fees/taxes/customs come in to play for these 12 bottles of wine in regards to shipping within Europe? The most important thing is that in Paris, the address is a storage facility that can receive wine in my name, but does not typically handle paying customs fees etc. so everything would have to be taken care of at the time of shipping to ensure that the wine just shows up and the storage place does not have to do anything except take in the wine.

Thanks so much in advance for everyone’s thoughts!

I suspect this too much hassle to make worthwhile direct from the shop (I asked once and the shop refused). Fewer issues person to person I suspect but I don’t know.

Switzerland isn’t in the EU.

Thanks! You’re right too, totally forgot about the currency difference!

Private individual to a Paris residence may be okay then? Wonder if I should direct it to a friend’s house just in case.

Well it’s not just the currency, you hit customs and VAT issues that wouldn’t exist within the EU.

I’d suggest you look at the Swiss post website in the first instance.

Thanks again Russell. Doing more digging online it looks like I should seek some DDP (delivery duty paid) type service company if at all possible… will continue to look into it more. FedEx may do this, but unclear of the cost.