Wilamete Valley favorites

Planning a few days with another couple in the Willamette Valley and we would like some recommendations of favorite tasting rooms to visit. We’ll be more focused on Pinot Noir.

Currently in my cellar I only have Bergstrom, Domaine Serene, St. Innocent, and Rex Hill.

Also, would appreciate recommendations for accommodations.

Thanks!

Try this

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/search.php?keywords=willamette+%2B+visit&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

We are right at the start of harvest here, so I would stick more to established tasting rooms rather than trying to make appointments at the smaller places. With that in mind, Eyrie, Domaine Drouhin, and Winderlea are wines/tasting rooms that I prefer. If you like a bigger style (I’m thinking of the Bergstrom and Domaine Serene in your cellar), Penner-Ash, Argyle, Alexana, and R. Stuart fit the bill.

As for places to stay, people seems to be happy with 3rd Street Flats and Tuscan Estate in McMinnville and the Allison in Newberg. There are a number of budget options in both towns as well.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. We will be there 9/14-16

We were out in WV at the end of August for a couple days as part of a weeklong trip. Had a very enjoyable visit. We had our kids with us, so we stuck largely to larger producers so we could have a bit more space. Being there during the week certainly helped as well. We stayed at the Allison which worked out great. Had a great visit with Marcus at Matello/Goodfellow, and while I generally prefer a style with higher acidity, really enjoyed our visits to Penner Ash and Archery Summit. Stoller was probably the highlight for the kids as they had plenty of room to run around outside in a super casual environment. We hit up Red Hills Market a couple of times for lunch/dinner. Just wish we had more time!