Which restaurants in Paris for an American teenager?

I am taking my 13 year old daughter to Paris next month. She is definitely a foodie. I’d like to take her to some special restaurants. They need not be fancy.

I want to give her her first Michelin experience, but I think a three star would be too much for her at this point. Recommendations much appreciated.

A few details:

• Neither of us speaks French. Welcoming staff who speak English would be a plus.
  • Neither of us are big on seafood.
  • Good wine lists are a plus also, especially by the glass. (If I order a bottle, can I take the leftover with me back to the hotel?)

I’ve heard good things about Spring and Clown Bar. She wants burgers at Ferdi, because Beyonce loves them. Looking for recommendations for lunch and dinner for five days and nights, culminating in a Michelin experience that will be welcoming, comfortable and that she will remember, but ideally would not be too fussy.

Any other Paris tips would be very welcome also.

Thank you in advance.

l’arpege at lunch would be fine in my opinion. even though it is 3 star it really is an exception and is one of the most laid back places to eat in paris. the atmosphere is really something special. i think the strongest 1 star currently is david toutain. on the low end side there is garance, from a former chef and sommelier at l’arpege, which offers a 39 euro lunch. also eating at either of the robuchon spots would be ok. the food is solid albeit not a great value but it is an institution of sorts and this style of dining would certainly be appealing to younger diners. septime if you can get in, but really just go to l’arpege!

Go to Ellsworth (same owners as Verjus). You will enjoy it, too.

We took our 12 and 15 year old to L’Atelier de Joel Rubuchon for lunch. They loved it. We decided after that, that a 3star was worth a go… Guy Savoy was wonderful with the kids. If your daughter understands food and dining she will be welcomed where ever you take her.
Our kids love the cafes the most. Le Comptoir du Relais was a personal favorite. They were served at least a taste of wine at all of the restaurants… which they thought was really cool. The first restaurant we went to Les Climats didn’t even ask, put a glass in front of each. :slight_smile:

This was not their first experience with Michelin starred restaurants so they were pretty comfortable and really enjoyed them.

B.

We took our daughters, aged 5 and 6, for lunch at the Alain Ducasse restaurant half way up the Eiffel Tower. They were formal but very welcoming. It’s obviously a very special and iconic location with amazing views of Paris. We had a wonderful time and I couldn’t think of anywhere better to take your daughter!

Sitting at the counter at Le Coq Rico is a fun experience at lunch time if you’re exploring around Montmartre - we took our 9 and 11 year olds and they loved it.

Le Comptoir is very good and fits the bill for you and your daughter. go for lunch and sit outside.

Headed to Paris with kids myself next month 11 & 14. Looking for slightly lower key places than were previously mentioned and as few tourists as possible. Staying in the 6th.

Go to one of the big brasseries like le Couple. Loud. Fun. Decent food.

Neat wine bar is Juveniles. Fun. Owned by a guy from Scotland. Excellent food.

by the way - a fun thing to do is “chocolate-hop” or “macaron-hop” or similar across different neighborhoods, trying a small thing at each little boutique. The Food Lovers Guide to Paris from Patricia Wells is a great app (including offline maps) that lets you see recommended spots broken out by type (restaurants, bakeries, etc.), and the map function works very well to help you explore.

I’m not sure what will be open in August; many/most fine dining and other restaurants are closed for much or all of the month.

For a two star experience with people who will treat you well I would suggest Carre des Feuillants. Also the Jules Verne would be an amazing experience. Beautiful place on the 2nd stage of the Eiffel Tower. Don’t know August hours however. For a less formal atmosphere I love Fish and all the sister restaurants and Les Papilles. That area of France is so cool. Near the Sorbonne so you will see lots of teens. Check out Paris by Mouth.