Chicago - Hotel Rafaello

Anyone have any reviews/comments on the Rafaello? Eyeing it as an option in October for the marathon.

Thanks.

It’s been around for a long time. Major renovation around 5-6 years ago. Incredible value given its location. It typically offers suite deals for $10 or so over the standard room rate. I’ve not been to its restaurant Pelago in a few years, but the 3 course lunch used to be a great value as well. The new lounge/bar, Drumbar, serves decent drinks in a trendy, boutique-hotel type setting. Bang for your buck, you’re unlikely to do much better in that neighborhood.

Neighborhood is very good. Unfortunately, hotels jack up rates for the marathon so if you can get a good deal grab it.

It used to have the slowest elevator in the city. I don’t know if the renovation took care of that. My parents used to stay there when they came into town. It always was good value for dollar, particularly in the larger rooms

Thanks everyone.

so true! We had a photo crew staying there and it took about 1/2 hour to get everyone down to the lobby.

The elevator is still slow. And perhaps one of the smallest elevators still in operation!

I have never stayed there but getting any hotel reservation for a reasonable price for that weekend is very difficult. If you decide to change make sure you have secured another reservation first.

George

Thanks George. I’m all set with the Rafaello. Now, the question is: anyone want to have a “low-key” bottle share dinner on either Friday night or Sunday afternoon/night?

Low key? No thanks. Are you running? If so, if you get bushed at mile 7 and want to bail, champagne at my house on the north end of the route

While it would be fun to meet up, I think you should spend Friday night carb loading and refraining from fermented grapes.

If you’re up for it on Sunday – and likely you won’t be – we can hang.

I’d do cocktails on the roof–I’m a fan of Drumbar, though it can get a little crowded later into Friday nights.

Dave,

Yeah I’m running. Ok, how about medium-key then? [snort.gif]

Corey,

The race is on Sunday. I think I’ll be good doing a few glasses (no lines though) on Friday night and recovering all day Saturday. Also, bet you I’ll be fine by Sunday evening! [training.gif] [training.gif]

We’re headed to town the weekend of July 9-12 for a wedding (and to celebrate our anniversary), staying at the Kimpton Monaco - hopefully will please my lady!

Thanks for adding to the topic & conversation. And yes, it will indeed please me.

You bet! You know I always aim to please you, my lady.

I am guessing that it will most please your lady to not have a Toddserkerfest that weekend, right?