Spain Visit

Will be visiting Spain in July, the first stop will be in Haro. So far I’ve booked the following winery visits through their local importer:

Sunday 12
CVNE
La Rioja Alta (awaiting confirmation by importer)

Monday 13
Roda
Muga
Lopez de Heredia

Tuesday 14
Remirez de Ganuza (awaiting confirmation by importer)
Contador

Will be dinning in Las Duelas and Casa Toni during my stay.

What else should I look into? Any recommendable wine shops?

Part two of my trip will be two days in Bilbao, need some recommendations for restaurants and wine shops.

Part three will be 2 night stay in Ribera del Duero, will be staying at Hotel Arzuaga. I’ve been thinking about asking for a visit to A. Fernandez Pesquera, and have space for one more. Also recs for restaurants. I’m open to suggestions!

Food in RdD is supposed to be the best as far as lamb is concerned.

The old Heredia train station should be awesome!!!

The Spaingourmetour website should offer great travel ideas for food and lodging

All the wineries for the first two days are about 100 yards apart from each other.

Might as well visit Gomez Cruzado across the street from LdH, I liked the wines better.

Visit Lagaurdia, great village. Search the travel forum.

The wine shops are available at the wineries that you will be visiting. Their wines will be cheaper than at any retail outlet that you will find.

+1 on visiting the town of Laguardia. Only 30-minutes drive from Haro.

As for Bilbao restaurants, you should try and drive out 45 minutes to Etxebarri. Well worth it, imho.

This no longer seems to be a valid site. How does one find the magazine. Any online presence?

Just Google “Spain Gourmetour”…

Rioja –

1. Book a visit at Remelluri. On the way from Haro, stop in Brinas for breakfast at the little restaurant on the main road that looks vaguely like an old drive-in from the states. Taste the white at Remelluri.

2. Go to town of San Vincente. Drive thru town to the castle/church. Swear at me as you try to navigate thru the town. Apologize as you enjoy the view from the church on the bluff. Swear again as you head back.

3. GO TO LAGUARDIA! Relax, and stay longer than you expect to.

4). Drive by the Gehry hotel at Riscal. Wonder what they were thinking. Be glad you are staying in Haro.

1. Tapas crawl in Logrono…

Michael

+1. An ugly structure amidst the scenic Riojan landscape.

Absolutely loved Las Duelas…actually ate there a couple of times. The food, service, and ambience were all first rate! Don’t know if it has any *** but it sure should.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]