Long Island North Fork

My wife and I are thinking about driving up to the North Fork of Long Island in the next few weeks. Anyone have winery and restaurant recommendations?

I found this thread from a few years ago. Long Island North Fork recs? - Travel, Wine Tourism, and Restaurants Forum - WineBerserkers

Are Paumanok, Frisky Oyster, Harborfront Inn, etc. still recommended? Thanks!

It’s been a while since we visited with Charles. I think Paumanok should be your first/last stop. I really like his whites and sweet wine.

Had this about two years ago. You might look into visiting his place

• Anomaly
    Pinot Noir Blanc (!)
    Anthony Nappa Wines
    North Fork, Long Island, NY
    Slightly pink color. Really very nice. Slightly crisp, interesting. Good balance and length. A blanc de noir, handcrafted.

Southold Farms + Cellars is definitely worth a stop, newer and doing some interesting things
Roanoake Vineyards
Shinn Estate
McCall is making decent pinot for the region
Croteaux for Rose and a nice setting

Fisky Oyster is still very good.
I liked Blue Canoe as well
Love Lane Kitchen is a great stop for lunch while out tasting

Greenport Brewing makes some great beers and is worth a stop to if you are into craft beers. right downtown in Greenport.

Would also suggest Jamesport Vineyards in addition to the ones listed above.

Would also make sure you make a stop at the village cheese shop in mattituck and pick up some snacks for the day.

I have a house in Jamesport and we are there many weekends, If any interest in opening a few bottles shoot me a PM.

All, thanks for the suggestions. Josh, thanks for the offer. Still trying to nail down our plans, but I’ll PM you if we can make it work.

We shot up there for a quick weekend getaway. I’d recommend all of the following:

Coffee: Aldo’s in Greenport
Lunch spots: Farm Country Kitchen in Riverhead, Love Lane Kitchen
Dinner: Frisky Oyster, Noahs, 1943 Pizza bar (wood fired)
Wineries: Paumonok, Bedell, Croteaux and Southold Farms + Cellars
Beer: Greenport Harbor Brewing

Ran into a fellow Berserker at Southold Farms + Cellars which was very cool. She is one of the few females on the board and is into Neb’s and Burgundy. Really enjoyed talking with her.

We also went to Shinn and weren’t as impressed as with the others. Other wineries that were recommended to us and that we didn’t get to this time were McCall, McCari and Roanoke.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of wines. Much better than we expected though a little pricey for the quality. We did not like any of the whites that were barrel fermented or aged though, but they aren’t our preferred style anywhere. Whites and roses in steel were solid, as were the reds at Bedell and Paumonok.

We’ll be back.

Ran into a fellow Berserker at Southold Farms + Cellars which was very cool. She is one of the few females on the board and is into Neb’s and Burgundy. Really enjoyed talking with her.

We need names! There are more than a few of us females. We just don’t post as much as the guys. [whistle.gif]

Nancy, it was Kim Caldwell. :slight_smile:

I thought so. She is always hanging out at the farms.

Long Island Spirits Craft Distillery has a tasting room at their distillery in Baiting Hollow. Terrific vodka, rye and bourbon.

Nice choice on Farm Country Kitchen, Jeff. Not a place that many people know about—hard to find, tough to park, and not in a particularly nice area, although the tables over looking the Peconic River are atmospheric. But generally worth the trouble (and it’s BYO too).