Has anyone been to Isla Mujeres? If yes any suggestions?

We are headed to this island for Spring Break and i was looking for fun things to do with the family. If you have been there let me know. We have appointment to Swim with the dolphins and to dive the cave of the sleeping sharks. Now looking for more if needed.

I was there years ago. It’s probably not nearly as cheap as it was then. We stayed on the north beach (the naughty beach) and loved the ceviche from the beach vendors. We enjoyed renting a bunch of motor scooters and riding to the south end of the island. Besides that, we sat on the beach and did a little bit of shopping in town.

Planning on going July/August . Any insight/updates?

Also considering Isla Mujeres in August.

We stayed at Zoëtry Villa Rolandi a long time ago - must have been 18 years ago. I think it was more independent at the time. As I remember it the restaurant was very good. Beyond that it’s a little fuzzy. Nice pool, and there was a pass through cubby where they would deliver coffee /breakfast each morning.

I believe while we were there we took a look at Hotel Secreto and talked about staying there in the future. Have not been back anywhere.

Thanks . Looking to go to snorkel with whale sharks .
Friend of mine recommended Xchel Beach hotel .

Can do Cancun too,

I was in Isla Mujeres in 2018 for 5 days. We rented an AB&B on the west side of the isla right on the beach. Very relaxing place. We hired a guide for a day to take us snorkeling to see the underwater sculptures. Also snorkeled one day at Playa Garrafon. Rented bikes one day toured the entire island. Had a vespa for a few days which was fun to get around. Our favorite meal was at Limón. The proprietor is a wine enthusiast. We mostly got fresh fish daily and BBQd at the AB&B.

1 Like

I would also like to urge visitors to avoid the dolphin pins. These businesses mistreat the dolphins. They also cause significant damage to underwater habitat. Please do not support these dolphin prisons.

Booked flights JFK to Cancun (Delta) for late July. And room at Ixchel Beach Hotel. Looks like they offer door to door transportation, which seems like a great option.

Any recommendations on whale shark snorkeling companies to use/avoid? Or any snorkeling companies to use/avoid ?