Asheville or Amelia Island

Trying to decide on birthday/anniversary trip first week of Sept. Choosing between Asheville or Amelia Island. I know, very different places. I am the mountain lover, wife is the beach lover. We have not been to either. Recent beach trips have been Inn at Palmetto Bluffs, Kiawah and Cloister Sea Island. Thanks for any input and feedback. Glad to take any other suggestions as well.

Asheville has some funky restaurants and brew pubs. The Biltmore is worth seeing. Not sure I could spend more than a night or so there, but it’s a nice small city.

Amelia Island, end of discussion. Even though Asheville is one of my favorite places, it has no beach.

Don’t know Amelia island, but Asheville is quite nice. Easy to fill a weekend and not have anything close to a bad meal. Big beer town, obviously, and there’s art and all that.
We have made the five hour drive a couple times and will continue to go back on a semi regular basis. Sept weather should be nice. Let me know if you go and I’ll hit you with a suggested greatest hits.

Seems clear enough. Happy wife, happy life.

Love Asheville. Curate is one of the best restaurants in the US.

There are some nice restaurants in Amelia Island, but not top rung (although definitely improving from when my father moved there about a decade ago). However, they have fabulous beaches, some nearby golfing, and close enough for easy trips to places like St Augustine.