MOSEL AREA and MUNICH IN APRIL WITH FAMILY

Flying into Munich and then traveling to the Riesling Holyland for 2-3 days. Any suggestions appreciated about wineries to visit, already set up with Donnhoff, restaurants, things to see. Went to the Munich museums along time ago and my wife loves art, so Bruegel here we come. What town would you stay at to visit the likes of Molitor, Donnhoff, Muller Catoir, and others? Great restaurants? Thanks in advance

There aren’t really any great restaurants in the Mosel, but there are some in Trier and surrounding.

But the estates you mention aren’t (except Molitor) in the Mosel, so it’s a bigger question.

I guess I used Mosel as a general term for the region. Going to Cabo tomorrow, was going to get on April trip after I return. I want to go to Donnhoff for sure. I tend to plan a bit late. Things usually work out well.

Ok, make sure you are aware of the distances. From Molitor to Donnhoff is around 90 minutes drive.

yeah. i just googled it. I guess Ill spend a day around each area. What towns should I stay in?

I only know the Mosel (30+ visits), actually never been to the Nahe.

I tend to stay in Trier and drive, its around 45 mins to Bernkastel, the heart of the Mosel. Lots of hotels in Bernkastel, all quite cheap and cheerful. Depends what your needs are with the children.

The moselfinewine guys did a travel guide, message them and they will send a free copy, be sure and subscribe too (free).

Sonnora is your best bet in the area for a great restaurant, (great meaning michelin style - 3*)

Russell thanks for the recommendations. My kids are 12 and 14, so traveling is easy. Why stay in Trier when Bernkastel is the heart. What about great food with no stars, any suggestions?

here’s a couple of links to peruse:

Thanks Doug

No great places to stay in the Nahe vineyard area. Bad Kreuznach might be the best, closest option.

Thanks Etic

Ah. just saw this. How did it go?