Portugal-wineries and restaurants

I am planning a Portugal trip in May. We will spend 3 days in Lisbon and I plan to get a Pousada pass and spend 5 days with a rental car traveling around. Just curious of favorite wineries you have visited besides Port producers and favorite restaurants to seek out.

Check out Roy Hersh’s site, FTLOP.com. There’s a Portugal travel section in the forum there.

Great suggestion. Ideally, I would love to go on one of Roy’s trips but the only one that fits in my time constraints is the Madeira tour and that would be too wine geeky for my wife to enjoy.

This thread here is where I got a lot of very useful Lisbon restaurant suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi Mont,

I would like to suggest that you have a look at Wine Tourism in Portugal - Book Food & Wine Tours, Hotels, and Restaurants in Portugal . I advise on their their tours, members and partners, so I as a Portugal Food and Wine Expert I can vouch for the quality of their recommendations.

Besides all the information on the best restaurants and wineries in Portugal, I would recommend that you try their travel planning services, where they bespoke your itinerary according to what your are looking to experience.

Hope it helps