Puerto Rico (Condado) Recs

Just visited the Condado area of PR for past 8 days and had an outstanding time. The La Concha (Marriott) was great for our family and the most exciting part of our trip outside of temps in excess of the 10s-30s of NYC, we enjoyed great dining in the local area. What was surprising to us was the food quality and this trip (gone each year, past 3 years) and the very modest wine mark ups at one particular restaurant.
Our food finds included:

Bar Gitano for great selection and high quality tapas with a very nice wine list of 100% Spanish wines. Our 13 yo loved food too! Bonus for those traveling with teens-I’d say.

UMMO an Argentinian restaurant that we also liked so much we dined there twice for fine beef and a very tasty salmon preparation. This restaurant has a fine wine selection with very modest mark ups (IMO). We enjoyed a few 12 FEL (former Breggo if I recall correctly) Pinots that include Ferrington vineyard, and Hirsch vineyard. Both very nice for $88-92 and of the two my wife and I loved the Ferrington- simply delicious wine. In addition, a nice treat was 2010 Breggo Spiritus- excellent Pinot for us.

The total QPR restaurant is: Ali Baba restaurant. We dined there for lunch several times and one dinner. The bill for 3 with bottle of wine was $75-80.

Old San Juan as well and enjoyed a fine meal at Marmalade, which simply does not disappoint (at least not for us!). The best coffee I have experienced is at Caficultura. They make up an Espresso and whipped milk. Excellent little shot, creamy and while I am not sure of the beans they use the taste profile is balanced of cocoa, and earth.

Hope this may help with some good choices for your PR trip.

Vincent