Telluride Restaurant Recs

Headed out in 2 weeks. Curious where to eat. Corkage policy is not necessary as I am not sure I want to drag bottles along with everything else (but note it if they have it)

Thanks

the 2 high end restaurants on the mountain at Alpino Vino and Bon Vivant.
I don’t think it is possible to BYO at the restaurants in Telluride.
For dinner, we ate at the home of our hostess each night and drank from our cellars.

There’s a few high end places that are good, but here is a really cool, low brow place that’s fun with good food. Tucked away in town. Great people watching. Very small, so plan ahead.

Had a good meal several years ago at this steakhouse:

Isn’t Steve Saxon the mayor of this town? he can probably recommend a few of the good places… that he owns. :wink:

I like to consider myself the towns Social Director. [drinkers.gif]

OK Mr. Secretary… where should I go for good eats… mountain food… for a group of hungry ski dogs…

Depends on your price point. Some high end places in town are The Sheridan Chop House, Rustico’s and Cosmo’s. Lower end but still good is the Telluride Bistro and Butcher and Baker. Absolutely stay away from Honga’s, it’s a horrible joke. Brown Dog has very good pizza as well as the bakery. Oak, is the best bar in the country, hands down. There is no BYOB in Colorado so don’t even try.

Personally, I would ship out Flannery steaks to eat and drink at home.

I would also add 221 South Oak and La Marmotte. However, since the lack of corkage in Colorado, I am a big fan of bringing wine and have Bryan Flannery ship me steaks to grill. I am not a fan of any chop house except my “backyard chophouse”.
Flannery beef and a great bottle of wine from my cellar put any “chop house” to shame.

Just back from drinks at Oak where I enjoyed Weller 12 for $8/glass (good pour at that) and an eclectic and enjoyable dinner at There.

Cosmo and Sheridan on deck

Any restaurants/bars new or note worthy? Wife and I will be heading to Telluride for a week in Feb. It’ll be our first time in Telluride, so any other tips are appreciated. Thanks.

Ditto, with wife and kids. Could use some lodging recs as well.

Thanks for the recs - stayed at the Madeline and would recommend, especially for those with kids. Location cant be beat.

Nice piece in USA Today about There.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Izakaya fare meets mountain town flare… There

weird link.

It’s a fun place with interesting food but unless you’re staying at the west end of town it’s not worth the walk, and not worthy of a USA TODAY story.

??

it wasn’t displaying correctly for me.