Seattle help

Short pleasure trip to Seattle for wife’s bday in mid-April, looking for advice on places to stay and eat. Thinking about 2 nights somewhere more remote, then a night in the city. Any advice welcome, thanks!

Stay in willows lodge in Woodinville and eat at Herb Farm (fancy/expensive). Barking Frog is decent too (different restaurant at same hotel. slightly more casual).
Staying there you can also go to Cafe Juanita - short drive, great food

In the city - stay at any one of the fancy hotels (sorry no help as i never stay there).
Eat at:
Spinasee is awesome (italian).
Walrus & Carpenter is great but no reso so you might not like a 1.5-2 hr wait.
Canlis is pretty classic (one of those old established ‘fine dining’ joints.
We’re going to a place called Marron in a week or so… supposedly pretty good.

I’m guessing since it’s a bday, u’re not up for an offline or any kind… or else we can order pizza and drink red, or do bubbly and order ezell’s fried chicken… :wink:

There are lots of Seattle threads for tips on the city.

How remote do you want? How far from Seattle? Orcas Island is beautiful, and there’s some good food too.

Michael

I’m sure Eric Levine would let you stay at his house.

Cafe Juanita (my favorite restaurant in the region) is (sort of) closed for a remodel until June or July. They are actually open as a pop up in Seattle at the old Lark space.

Another somewhat remote stay is at the Salish Lodge at Snoqualmie Falls, about 45 minutes east of Seattle.

Lots of good reccos here: Seattle Dining - Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes - WineBerserkers

and

here Seattle - Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes - WineBerserkers

Willows Lodge is a good choice on the eastside and is right in “wine country” of woodinville

If you want to go really crazy go to Willows Inn on Lummi Island. Good thread on that in Epicurious forum.

I would not go to Salish, FWIW. It’s fine but bland.

Another option: Port Townsend. The peninsula is beautiful, and it’s a cute little town.

Michael

Willows Inn. Don’t miss it.

They are only here for a few days. Willows Inn is a full day/overnight commitment. Great place, but…

Sorry for not coming back to this thread, after Saxon’s imbecilic response I didn’t really feel like engaging. Still trying to find out from wife exactly what she wants to do. But it will be either spend a night or two away from town (something like Port Townsend sounds ideal, not too far away), or make camp in Seattle and take a day trip somewhere.

It would be a shame to go to Seattle and not do Oysters at least once. Taylor Shellfish has a couple restaurants featuring their oysters, clams and mussels. Best in the world, imho.

The hot cocktail bars these days are Rumba and Canon.

Herbfarm has great wine list.