Sonoma County Itinerary and Lunch Suggestion

I am in the process of lining up tastings on a Friday in February at Littorai, Williams Selyem, and Copain. Looking for a recommendation for one more tasting. We are staying in Healdsburg.

While I’m primarily interested in Pinot, our friends that will be with us are big cab lovers (they are planning a cab centric day the next day in Napa County). I would be really interested in setting up a tasting with Mike Smith at Envy Wines in Calistoga, but don’t think we have the time to make it all the way over there on the day I’m planning. Had been looking at the following, but I’m open to others:

Ridge (I know a WB favorite)
Calluna
Merry Edwards

Any other suggestions?

Any recommendations for a lunch spot somewhere along the route? Thanks in advance!

We spent several days in that area last fall, also focusing on Pinot … lots of good choices. Thomas George and Porter Creek on Westside Road, Davis Family and Skewis in Healdsburg (conveniently across the street from each other) … not sure what you’re thinking in terms of lunch, but on the quick/inexpensive side you might like the Wild Sage Deli on Dry Creek Road.

Have fun!

On your Ridge day if you do Ridge first you can stop at Big Johns Market in H’brg afterwards and the deli there has great sandwiches, salads and other gourmet items. Then do Calluna… Merry Edwards. After ME you should do happy hour at Underwood Bar/Bistro in Graton.

On your Pinot Day Gary Farrell has one of the best views around and the wines don’t suck either.

If Calluna will take you, don’t miss it. Beautiful site, small property, no pretension just great wines. Give your Cab friends something they like that day, and you’ll enjoy it too. Having said that, if you get all three (Littorai, WS, and Copain) that’s already a hand full for one day. Doable, but a bit of driving between Littorai and the other two (realistically half an hour). Calluna is up in the hills above Windsor, to the east of 101, so a bit of time to get up there as well.

Inman

+1 for Underwood in Graton. We typically do lunch there.