Wineries to Visit in Napa

First off, I’m a member over on the CellarTracker forums and everyone recommended I joint this one and post this on here as well. So hello!

I’m planning a trip to Napa in early June during which we will spend a few nights in Napa and a few nights at Lake Tahoe. Anyway, this will be our second trip to Napa (the first we only spent 2 nights) and I am compiling a list of wineries to go to that we haven’t been to. I am open to any suggestions but I prefer the smaller more intimate wineries (the first time I really didn’t get to talk to any of the winemakers or owners and I would love that opportunity seeing as how I’m still an aspiring enthusiast) but wouldn’t mind going to a few big names that I haven’t been to. Any suggestions as to wineries not on my list, wineries I should take off my list, and wineries on my list that are good would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

I’ve already been to:
Pine Ridge
BV
Chimney Rock
Cosentino
Duckhorn
Artesa
Conn Creek
Girard
Opus One

My Preliminary List for the Visit (which some need to be removed & some need to be added):
O’Shaughnessy
Cade
EMH
Myriad / Carter / Quivet
Seavey
Ovid (I doubt I’ll be able to get in but I heard it’s beautiful)
Von Strasser
Red Cap (they said they do private tours)
Alpha Omega
Lagier Meredith
Larkmead
Lewis Cellars
Scalon (if they do tours this is a new tiny place)
Sinegal Estate (if they are even open to the public yet, I’m on their mailing list 2013 is their first release, the estate looks beautiful)

I know this is a long list so I will have to narrow it down. I’ll probably spend a total of 4 - 5 nights in Napa so I probably won’t make it to more than 15 or so wineries.

Thanks for the advice!

Tyler

Any combination of the wineries in the second list should give you a completely different, and I think better, visit. Definitely do Seavey, they’d have my strongest recommendation on that list. They have lots of library bottles available to buy if you’re into mature Napa wines.

Seavey is a great choice. Just a mile down the road is where I work, Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards. Another suggestion would be Corison. Sinegal Estate opens to the public in the late summer, early fall. I have contacts at all of these wineries if you need them. [cheers.gif]

Elizabeth Spencer.