Sedona

Looking for restaurant suggestions Sedona. Also, any thoughts on staying in Enchantment vs Auberge?

We had a really nice meal at Elote Cafe. Wine list wasn’t great but I had an interesting red from Page Springs which is a local winery.

We stayed at Enchanment and loved it. My wife thought the spa was very good. Overall service was excellent. You should be aware that rooms are not connected to main hotel (pool, restaurants, etc.) but they are a short walk or they shuttle you in golf carts. If you are looking for an appetizer or light meal, watching the sunset at View 180 (Enchantment’s outdoor bar) was nice and the food was very good.

2nd the vote for Elote, but no reservations and the wait can be hours. After a long day of hiking, we put our name in and went back to our hotel to get cleaned up. Risky, but we got back to the restaurant shortly before they called our name.

Elote is the place to go. We were there last week. Margaritas were good after hiking.

Wow. This thread just made me feel ancient. Carrie and I camped there, uh years ago. Beautiful area. I know they had a trout pond you could catch some soft fish, a “general store” where we got provisions as well as a diner and hotel from 1880’s complete with bar on the first floor. Caught some beautiful firm trout in the stream by the campground. Now they have modern hotels, restaurants and indoor plumbing?
[shock.gif]

Stay in a creek side cabin at L’Auberge. And eat at Elote.

Loved L’Auberge. One of the best places I have ever stayed. Can’t recommend it enough.

We didn’t do Creekside, did Vista Cottage with red rocks view, figured we could enjoy the creek by walking down to it. Went to the wine bar at L’Auberge a few times near the creek which was nice.

Enjoyed Elote also, but very long wait.

We have stayed at the enchantment twice. The biggest downside is it’s away from town so you have a little bit of a trek when you fine offsite. The upsides are the spa is great, food is good (breakfast included in our room) and they have an option where the bring you a grill, steaks and cooked vegetables and you can grill your own steak on your patio. Did this both times we stayed there.