Insanely cheap fares from east coast to middle east/africa

In case anyone was thinking about an African safari in the next year…
Pulling up $277 fares from NYC to JNB (through Abu Dhabi). Use google flights to find the dates.

That’s very cheap, must be over 20 hours in the air…

If anyone is in town let me know… :wink:

Yes, way too long for me…my toddler is a good flyer but this would be pushing it, to say the least. But for anyone else…

20 hours in coach? Sounds more like a sentence than a vacation. Seriously, I have gotten to the point that a flight longer than DC-LA has to be up front. I am surely not going to voluntarily do it for vacation

May be a long time for you, but I know lots of people that got in on the deal. I was reading DansDeals.com, and you should have been reading the (rookie) comments, unlike Flyertalk. neener
When I suggested to my wife that we transit through Aub Dhabi to reach a ‘choice’ destination in Asia or India, I was met with a killer stare. She’s still mad at me for booking 2 trips to Milan and Asia last spring (in coach). [whistle.gif] Once in a while, you have to suck it up. [whistle.gif]

It’s still killing me that I didn’t book. The only consolation is that there’s always another ‘error’ fare to come along.