Vegas this week. Recommendations/ Ticket Hookups anyone?

Doing a last minute trip to Vegas this week with the family. Don’t usually do Vegas with the family as it has always been more of a guys trip kind of place.

Anyone have recommendations for shows to see (with a 6 1/2 year old)? Also does anyone on the board have any hookups for Tickets or any other Vegas activities while we are there?

Bump- Anyone?

For me, Penn and Teller is the show I’d recommend.

Aside from that, at some point, you pretty much have to throw in the towel and see one of the ubiquitous Cirque du Soleil shows. In my opinion, they are pretty much interchangeable. You’re going to see excellent acrobatics that have little or nothing to do with the theme. So, just pick the theme that appeals to you, watch the acrobatics, and you’ll be entertained. I picked Love last time which meant there is Beatles music playing, which I like, and it’s played over a pretty good sound system. I saw no particular connection between the music and the acrobatics, but I was prepared for that. The costumes were a sort of take-off on Magical Mystery Tour era psychedelia, so it was kind of Beatle/60’s related. You’ll get freaky costumes of different sorts in all of their shows. Things happened on stage in some sort of sequence and there were set and costume changes, but there was no discernable story line that I could decipher. This is pretty common, too. I’d recommend seeing Love if you’re a fan of the Beatles or if the idea of listening to Beatles music while watching acrobatics seems less objectionable than what you’d be listening to while watching similar acrobatics in other Cirque shows.

I think some of the humor in Penn and Teller would probably go over the head of a 6 year old, but the magic wouldn’t - and I happen to enjoy their humor so I would take a 6 year old so he could enjoy the magic and I could enjoy the magic and the humor.

For my taste, it’s the best show going in Vegas right now.

Penn & Teller was only 9 PM showings, which was a bit late for my 6 year old. Ended up going to Le Reve and it was amazing.

Blue Man Group is kid friendly.

maybe I am a six year old but four of us walked out of P&T and were unsuccessful in refund efforts. But at least I wasted no more time in there.