Paris - Restaurant + Shop Rec

Bistrot Capucine + Cave Legrand : Both in 2eme

Bistrot Capucine is based on the cuisine du marché concept which is a la mode in recent years. Choice of one of two entrées and one of two plates. Cheese or desert can be added on. A bottle of Chinon, two menus and two cheeses rang in at €87 which I thought was a bargain. Quality of raw ingredients, preparation and presentation were flawless. Not to be missed and certainly on my list of spots to be revisited.

Cave Legrand is a 15 min walk from Bistrot Capucine and worth the visit. Focus is very much Easter France; Burgundy, Beaujolais and Rhone. Also a good champagne selection. Some wines are priced (way) out of market whereas others can be found very reasonable prices. I picked up a magnum of Allemand’s 2010 Cornas Reynard for €173. A lot of interesting Beaujolais on the shelves and the Burgundy they had out was good if not mediocre. They do have a cave which I didn’t ask to visit (pressed for time) but they were unable to offer a catalogue of inventory. I was encouraged to name a year or a parcel which interested me and they would see what they could offer to accommodate. I will return during my next trip with additional time to explore / discuss. I suspect some Burg + Rhone gems are buried down there. To be seen next time.

So two places I will be returning to in the near future. Both worth your time if you’re visiting Paris.