San Francisco Chinese Restaurants?

I know that this subject has to have been broached previously, but I didn’t have much luck searcihing. I’m looking for one on the high end and one on the low end. Thanks.

For high end Chinese, I recommend Jai Yun. I haven’t been in a while, but the corkage policy used to be $0. The glasses they had were very basic, so if you go there, bring your own. Excellent and innovative food.

For lower end, San Tung is hard to beat. It’s not dirt cheap like take out dim sum from a bakery, but for the quality, it’s a steal. I have no idea about corkage there, I always get their food to go since the line is so long to eat there.

For high end dim sum, Yank Sing is an experience. For lower end dim sum, City View is great. Both have a $10 corkage, iirc.

Thanks for the recommendations., Ed.

For brunch/dimsum try Hong Kong Lounge (Sat. and Sun. only). Try to get there a little before 10am as the lines get REALLY long. You can also try it for dinner, you can maybe consider this as high-end.

Others worth looking into (highish-end):

1. RG Lounge
  2. Ton Kiang
  3. My China - a bit different but quite nice. They have truffle Shanghai dumplings and Smoked BBQ buns!

And if you go to R&G Lounge make sure you go to the upstairs dinning room. A little more formal and a whole lot cleaner.

if you’re staying in SF proper, a visit would not complete without an egg custard tart from Golden Gate Bakery. (Jin men or gum moon)

Jai Yun is definitely the best in terms of quality, I would love to know if there is another similar one in other US city. Resevation only.

The chef is amazing, but without a good business sense…and the decor is hideous…

Corkeage is $15 and yes do BYOG.

I actually think RG is pretty average, I recommend The Garden across street, decent decor, excellent service, $0 corkeage