Sundays in France.... Beaune or Reims?

I’ve heard that Sundays in these regions are dead, most shops closed and wineries rarely taking visitors on Sundays or even Saturdays. I’ve got 6 nights to spend split between Beaune and Reims, 3 nights each. Sat/Sun/Mon in one and then Tue/Wed/Thur in the other.

What city would be best over the weekend, Beaune or Reims?

I’d probably take my Sunday in Reims.
Why? It’s only a 45-minute TGV to Gare de l’est in Paris and that’s a day (including lunch and dinner) that I can do something in a big city.

We spent a nice Sunday in Reims. Taittinger was open for tours and there was some type of flea market that was fun.

Reims. Cathedral, Les Crayeres, Caves du Forum

I love Beaune, but I’d say Reims too. Beaune is dead on Sundays, and Reims is a lovely town. The cathedral is breathtaking.

This plus the Cathedral, which is amazing. I love Beaune, but it’s much smaller and shut down tight on Sundays.

Awesome, thanks for all the replies. We already have four nights in Paris booked on the back end of this trip so I’m really trying to figure out which area would be best spent over a weekend.

Sounds like Reims is the way to go, a bit bummed we will miss the Saturday market in Beaune.

Actually, there are open-air markets in Reims every day of the week (yes, even Sunday!).

That may have been the market we visited.

Thanks Michel!

I’ve already got a good handle on lodging in Beaune but haven’t started to look at Reims… any suggestions?

Les Crayeres is great but very pricy.
This place was also very nice and had a great restaurant.