What to do with teenagers in Myrtle Beach

Looking for some help.

Going to Myrtle Beach next spring (end of March - first part of April). First week will be golfing with my group from SoCal. Second week my wife arrives. Daughter & 2 teenage granddaughters will also arrive, driving down from their home in Charlotte, NC for a one week stay (Easter Break). I’m wondering if we should stay in Myrtle Beach or meet up somewhere else, further south.

My wife & I will be going south from there, heading down to the keys before returning to SoCal.

I want to be sure our time with family will be enjoyable for all. Have never been to Myrtle Beach & would appreciate your input on things to do/see, attractions, historical sites, museums/science centers. Not sure the weather will be conducive to much beach activity that time of year.

I would be surprised if the daughter and granddaughters haven’t been to MB before. The recession cut out some of the attractions, but May of this year there was still plenty of entertainment if they like NASCAR, arcades, miniature golf, amusement parks and beaches. Real tourist commercial in central MB. North or south, not so much so and much less for teenagers unless they play golf or tennis.

Hilton Head

Myrtle Beach is everything I hate in a beach, but for a couple of teens, it has ALL the right distractions. Think of all the boardwalk-y, social kinds of things you can imagine and they are all there. Tons of tacky places to buy tacky things.

This is a great suggestion. Since it takes over four hours to get to Hilton Head, they should be out of your hair for most of the day!

Agree re hilton head…

Myrtle beach is built for a guys golf trip, any thing else is just sitting on the beach.

Hilton head is a much better spot for families.

More my speed w/r/t a beach, this is 2 hours north in NC

Like Neal said, Myrtle Beach will be very fun for teens. If you want more balance I would skip Hilton Head and spend my time in Charleston.

Alligator Adventure (reptile-focused zoo, basically)
Ripley’s Aquarium
Couple of spots do flights over the ocean in old bi-plane or WWII era planes
Barefoot Landing or Broadway at the Beach for aforementioned tacky stores, though hitting a kite shop & flying at a less crowded beach isn’t a bad way to kill an afternoon if you get a warm day
There’s an outlet mall (Tanger) with several stores a teenager may be into

Great beaches within easy reach of Charleston too.

Thanks for all the input, very helpful. Looks like we’ll split our time between MB & Charleston. Wife & I will hit Hilton Head after the family leaves. Neal, Bald Head Island is great, did that with them a couple years ago. Thanks again.