Paris and London retailer suggestion please

I am looking for a Paris or London retailer with an emphahsis on burgundy (US$100-$300 per), on-line sales, retail store, good provenance, less than case (add a bottle here and there to my stash) long term conditioned storage and credibility, hopefully. We will travel there from time to time and either pick up the wine for transport back to the US or consume the wine in Europe. If you have a favorite retail contact person to name, that would also help. Thank you in advance.

There are lots, where in London?

In London, near Berry Brothers.

Well, just use Berry Brothers…

Otherwise Fortnums, Hedonism, Harrods, Handfords…

Thanks Russell. Anyone have ideas for Paris?

Auge, but don’t expect many old vintages, Lavinia if you are feeling flush.

Thanks again Russell.

In London, you might also try The Sampler, which has a branch in South Kensington near the station. A wide selection that changes all the time. Also Lea and Sandeman, who have three branches. The nearest to BBR is at Notting Hill Gate, again near the station.

I’ve bought wines from outside of Paris, but within France, that shipped via local posts to my hotel. I peruse winesearcher to look for stuff that I need. I would call and order a few weeks ahead of my arrival in Paris and tell them to ship just so my wines are in my hotel when I get there. Just be careful of postal strikes and such.

David, thank you for the suggestion. Ramon, great creative idea and I want to develop some of these methods. Thanks everyone!

David’s suggestions are good too.

Doesn’t have to be limited to retailers… Once a number of years ago, I asked a winery in the Rhone that I had previously visited to ship three cases of wine in shipper boxes to my hotel in Paris. Worked quick well, particularly because it was March and so no worries about heat.

Dan, thank you. Great ideas for going direct.

Now in Paris, we picked up some V Dauvissat Chablis Les Clos and La Forest here. What a joy to visit the retailer Cave des Grand Vins in the 14th arron. Good online inventory and available on wine-searcher. A small store, but looks deceiving as he pulls up a floor board door and drops into the cellar to retrieve a cool bottle.