Going to a wedding in El Dorado, where to stay?

El Dorado? Placerville? Diamond Springs? Anywhere nice to stay up that way?

I want to go south the next morning to stop by Turley but so far am getting shot down.

I’ve stayed at the Best Western in Placerville. Nothing special but nice enough. I usually visit the Foothills as a long day-trip and don’t stay up that way very often, so others on the board probably have more insight than I do. Whereabouts in El Dorado is the wedding being held?

At their home maybe 6 or 7 miles south of town on the way to Plymouth. BFE really.
Just trying to avoid the place with the noisy bar or the evening freight train.

I stayed at the Shenandoah Inn in Plymouth on my last visit to Turley. Fine.

Don’t miss the Taste Restaurant.

Might be some small B&Bs around Pleasant Valley or the Somerset / Fair Play area but I don’t know any offhand. Placerville will probably be your best bet.

As Mike suggested, Taste in Plymouth is indeed good for dinner, although their prices have jumped over the years and it sounds like it would be pretty far out of your way in any case. I had a really good dinner last fall at Allez! in Diamond Springs with Jonathan & Susan from Cedarville - that’s much closer to where you’ll be. Tiny place (mostly take-out but they have some tables) and no reservations but very good food and reasonably priced. It’s run by the former owners of Zachary Jacques Restaurant outside of Placerville.

I don’t think I can convince Dava to be away from her dogs long enough for us to go to Plymouth, Turley, Taste. She is pretty adamant about leaving for home first thing in the morning.

We stay at the Amador Inn Best Western in Jackson.

Cheers!
Marshall

When we’ve stayed in the area it’s been in cheap hotels in Sutter Creek, nothing particular to recommend. Tegan would be a good source of info, if he’s not to busy with harvest to answer e-mail.

We ended up booking at the Cary House in Placertucky. Was the closest to our destination.
Thanks all!

Where in El Dorado? The is a B and B near Fairplay (I can get find the name is you need) if you are out in that area. Plus a few in Plymouth which I know is Amador but close as well.

In Placerville proper the Cary House Hotel is classic.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1516229#p1516229

The is a B and B near Fairplay (I can get find the name is you need) if you are out in that area. Plus a few in Plymouth which I know is Amador but close as well.

In Placerville proper the Cary House Hotel is classic.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1524463#p1524463

[cheers.gif]