7 hour layover in Miami, where should I eat?

Something really good but not too $$$ or snooty. Good ethnic would be fine, booze not in the equation. Late afternoon to 10pm on a Tuesday.

Not sure how far from the airport it is but maybe Michaels Genuine. I’ve never eaten at the one in Miami but enjoyed the food at their branch in the Cayman Islands

Why leave the airport?
image.jpg

Chris, if I was not gonna leave the airport THIS is where I would go:

So good and so cheap I don’t know how they do it!

The.

Best.

You can go the their restaurant on Calle Ocho (or Versailles nearby) for Cubano. Michael’s is solid as is Michy’s. And since you have seven hours, go to Joe’s (it will take that long). The Eater 38 is pretty reliable as well http://miami.eater.com/archives/2014/01/07/the-38-essential-miami-restaurants-january-2014.php

Just make sure it’s Cuban Roberto - it’s the closest you are going to get…

I could go for a giant heaping plate of good seafood in just about any style.

Versailles for Roast Pork & Maduros , banana chips, black beans & rice, Cafe con leche.
Come dressed as Castro & they will have a "special treat " for you ! [wow.gif]

I’ve been to the Versailles in the airport a hundred times, something a bit more cuisine-y?

Roberto-

Why not just go down to Calle Ocho and walk down the street until you see a fun window cafe serving cheap authentic Cuban fare. Go for lunch, order a media noche and a cafe con lechon y flan for under $10. Now that is authentic.

Some fun, swanky places on Lincoln Road in South Beach.

I second the vote for Michy’s. Expensive but creative, eclectic, amazing, with a nice wine list. Best restaurant in Miami IMHO.

Oh shoot, you said seafood.

Without a doubt go to Garcia’s on the Miami River. Seafood straight off the docks. Eat on picnic tables, drink freezing beer, while enjoying massive stone crab claws, fresh lobster and a great array of fresh fish, like Cobia, triple tail, Mahi, black grouper, wahoo, swordfish, etc. Drive up in your boat!

Ay Dios mio!!! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Ay cono, I’m the worst sort of Cuban!

Leche! Leche!

In my defense, I’m always thinking of Lechon!

I seriously want to do a Florida Berserker Day in my yard with a Cuban pig in the ground!

As a Dominican, I’m basically a non-embargoed Cubano!

You do that Robert and I’m there! Actually, I’ll be in Miami in mid to late December. Maybe we can do lunch at Versalles?

Good choice

You must have some Stone crab. We go to Joe’s, but I will check out Garcia’s next time I’m that way.

I love Lincoln Road, but the food generally sucks.

Not all, but the food is not why we go, as you know . . . .

And judging by Roberto’s posts in Asylum, he should likely go there!

Isn’t that the place where you have to tip the Maitre Deeeee a couple of hundred bucks to get a table?

I’d take Garcia’s over Joe’s any day of the week. Even if I had two nickels to run together.